Starting Lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Lizardmen

After a long process of deciding what fantasy army to play as, I decided to go with Lizardmen. Would buying the starter battalion that consists of 24 skinks, 24 saurus warriors, and 8 saurus cavalry be a good choice? Also, would a good starting hero be some sort of saurus hero on a mount to join the cavarly unit? Or would it be a better choice to stick my hero in a warrior unit?
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i think that would be a pretty good start, expecially because buying the batallion box will save you some $. according to my quick calculations, it should give you a pretty good 700 points to work with. if you feel confidant enough, and want to save some more $ i would convert one of the saurus cold one riders (SCoR) into a scar-vet. otherwise probably buy the mounted scar-vet model from gw. scar-vets are generally more effective mounted if you have some SCoR, but oldbloods are generally more effective on foot.

it depends on what you will be facing, (or if you want to make a balenced army), what else you might want. if you are wanting to expand to 1000 points (a nice round number, better than 700) then you might want to buy some kroxigors and some terradons too. they are both fast and can help out your SCoR. good luck with your starting of lizzies, you have made an excellent choice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First purchase:
    battalion set

Second purchase:
    Saurus Scar Veteran (Either on foot, or convert one on Cold One from the battallion set)

I'd go to 1000 points with a couple of Skink priests.
    Message to GW: Make more ForgeWorld rules official...

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battalion box is a great buy, but only get it if you are sure you are going to use the cold ones. You only save a few bucks. After the box, get a saurus scar- vet. To get to 1000, take either more saurus, salamanders, Kroxigors, a skink priest, or teradons. It really depends on his regular opponents and his likes/dislikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well...

Well, I'll be playing a large selection of armies: my friends play as High Elves, Skaven, Dark Elves, Vampire Counts, Dwarves, and Empire. So, in regards to the comment about Saurus Cavalry, I'm sure they can be useful against atleast one of these armies, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Yes, they would be useful against all of them, esspecially dwarfs but apart from dwarfs, all of those armies are best taken out by the fiery spit of the salamanders, they are absolutely devestating against all those armies. Terradons could take out those pesky bolt throwers and dwarf cannons.

Be sure that after the batallion and a scar veteran, your next buy is skink priests, they always make their points back for me. And then maybe another box of saurus or some salamanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

After the Batallion, I'd say buy a Scar-vet and another box of Saurus. If you want 2 units of Saurus (which I recommend), you need the 2nd box, 2 units of 12 will not hold out.
    What you want for the rest: Kroxigor, Terradons, Salamanders or a Stegadon, depends on what you like. They can all be used in almost all circumstances. So I recommend you just to buy what you like most, which looks the best.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you convert the SCoR?

hello,

i see that lizardmen players can convert the SCoR into scar-vet. So how exactly the conversion should be done? what parts needed to be converted so that the scar-vet became legal? i hope you can help me on this.

i am currently a Tomb king Player and im considering Lizardmen as my second army. so if you can help me with this then i can save a lot of bucks. thank you in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats pretty much up to u. i converted a normal saurus to a scar-vet by just sticking some jewelry bitz onto him, and painting alot of gold on him. And it doesnt matter whether its legal, because you can use pretty much anything to symbolize anything as long as it has some stuff that was originally bought at GW, and it somewhat resembles what the model is supposed to look like. Of course it also has to be distinguishable from other models in the army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well...

well, im planning to use the converted scar-vet on tournaments and events. If it is not legal then i can not play them.

Does anybody knows what are the requirements so that the conversions could be played legally? Is it as long as we use GW models? If it is, then we can convert all of our plastic core models into expensive metal characters. What are the limitations of conversions?

Im kinda new to Warhammer (about one and a half month since i started playing), so i havent tried any conversions. Id like to know about this further as it can cut a huge cost on starting a warhammer army. thanks for the reply.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast