Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
are they anygood i think i am going to field one it will be
scimital 2 attacky thing
shield that gives 1 extra attack
15attacks onthe charge
Oldbloods on Carnosaur do kick ass, though they cost an arm and a leg. They can be worth it sure.
2 things I'd add to your equipment:
- The Aura of Quetzl to provide him with a Ward save. This is like mandatory. Don't even think about not getting a Ward save on this expensive a character.
- The Spawning of Sotek. That's again another WS6 S5 attack on the charge!
thank that sounds good i hope
One problem: The Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent and the Maiming Shield cost over 70 points in total, which means the Olbblood doesn't have enough allowance left for The Glyph Necklace or the Aura.
Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD
He's got enough attacks anyway, so ditch the Maiming Shield and swap it for the Enchanted Shield. Much cheaper and it'll add another +1 to his already impressive armour save.
"Peace, through superior firepower."
The one I have fielded in larger battles with great success goes as follows
Blessed Spawning of Quetzl, Tepok and Itzl
Scimitar of the Sun Resplendant, Aura of Quetzl and Enchanted Shield
7 WS6 Str 5 and 4 WS3 Str6 attacks a turn. With a 1+ Armour save and a 4+ ward save at higher strengths!!
New LOChat functions now avaliable.
Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here
On the subject of ward saves I have the following rules for myself.
- If the enemy can and probably will field cannons (or other S10 D... wound artillery) the Aura of Quetzl has preference. So only Dwarfs, Empire and DoW content.
Cannons form such a great danger because a single hit is enough to kill.
- If the enemy is expected to field large numbers of S5 charge heavy cavalry/S5+ artillery (i.e. about any heavy cavalry) is considered.
But only in the circumstance of really large numbers. A couple of heavy cavalry units aren't such a problem, as the Oldblood/Scar Vet will have either M9 or be mounted on a Carnosaur.
- In all other circumstances, the Glyph Necklace has preference.
scimitar of sun respledent
aura of quetzl
blessed spwning of quetzl
blessed spwning of sotek
blessed spwining of itzl
this guy is prettygood, lots of attks, sometimes i take away enchanted shield, add normal shielld and take charm of the jaguar warrior, because he's too much of a point sink providing the rest of the army is expenisve arelady