Librarium Online Forums banner

Lizardmen in siege?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  nbp71 
#1 ·
Hey have any of u noticed that lizardmen have a big disadvantage in siege? they dont have anything with a high enough strength to attack walls or towers. am i wrong? btw im quite new lol

#2 ·
I'm not acquinted with the siege rules. But Lizardmen have:
Kroxigor: excellent Ogre-type units, with S7, strong enough?
Stegadon: a big nasty dinosaur with a bolt thrower on his back.
Saurus: they'd be excellent troops to storm the walls.

Tai'shar

#3 ·
1 min (checks rulebook)

to damage a wall, you add the amount of wounds done to the strength of the attack. i cant remember seeing anythin that does more than 1 wound or has a strength of 10 so it would take several turns to affect the wall in any way (most races have war machines with a high strength)

#4 ·
Kroxigor have 3 attacks, on WS3 and S7.
Stegadons have 4 WS3 S5 attacks of their own, plus they do impact hits, plus the bolt thrower can shoot.

Does magic count too?

And most warmachines are about S5. Only Dwarves and Empire have those S10 Cannons. How about storming the walls?

Tai'shar

#11 ·
probably shouldn't knock down walls. Although realisticly kroak could probably do such a thing, knocking down a wall with a single spell, and procceding to kill all of the units on the wall would be a wee bit cheap. Then again, he's going to be over 1/3 points, so maybe he should. Still I think it probably is good enough just hitting the units on the wall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.