skink blowgun army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

skink blowgun army

look i like cheese and i wanted to play fantasy so i was thinking of lizardmen with tons of skinks w/blowguns and 3 priest some where around 3000 points
    can you guys tell me what you think. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thats the major cheese army (o' doom). Swap one skink for a slann, add an oldblood and a stegadon and you have an ultra beard army!! MWHAHAHA
    go on www.blackmetalradio.com (it rules)

author of the craible (i owned god) MY version of the bible. BUY IT!!!

Member of the great british clan: WE RULE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want to have a all skink army, go with the Red Host. then you can have skink infantry and the Engine of the Gods as well as the Prophet of Sotek himself.

But otherwise, follow craggly's suggestion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saru
    if you want to have a all skink army, go with the Red Host
    i strongly disagree, the red host sux in my opinion. Skink infintry doesnt help, as they cant fight hth very well; shooting with blowguns is what they do best. They point of that kind of army is to use fast (m6) units that have shooting and are skirmishy. Salamanders would be good for this too.

anyways i agree with craggly, except for the oldblood, it would just get shot to death, if u play against dark elves, high elves, or dwarfs, their bolt throwers will decimate him. However the steg is a good option as well, get a bolt thrower of your own (and mounted on a huge monster too )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always thought that the most powerful army any lizardmen army could be was to have a slann standard bearer sitting in the middle of a million skinks. just blowgun them to death, and if you get broken, you run past the slann and get better. the line slowly retreats in your direction, but you would just wreck the enemy army. and because skinks are skirmishers you could easily move your troops out of the charge line of terribly dangerous units. the slann provides some powerful hits too, if you are against a magic-weak army.

however I wouldn't field this because it would get boring really really fast, and nobody would want to play it. It wouldn't be interesting to play with or against.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

If you want cheese, Southlands is for you. In 3k you can take a Slann Mage-Priest and SIX Skink Priests with the Blessed Spawning of Tepok.

If you give the Plaque of Dominion to the Slann, you're looking at 19 Power Dice and 17 Dispel Dice. And you still have 2000 or so points left to spend on equipment for the Skink Priests, a helluva lot of Skink Skirmishers, Horned One Riders and such.

If someone wants a more balanced Skink army, I'd suggest the Red Host. Red Crests are just wonderful. I mean, what's not to love about Movement 6, not suffering movement penalties from Woods/jungle, and having a minimum of 2 Ws3 attacks per model on the charge, with three possible due to a Frenzy-inducing banner? And all for the same cost as an Empire Swordsman.
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

+ Reply to Thread