Need some help against Chaos. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some help against Chaos.

My friend and I are going to play a 2000 point battle. I play Lizzies, and he has chaos (hench the name!) All I know is he is going to field some knights with his genral, wich is equiped with the spell eating sheild, normal warriors, some kind of warriors with great weopons, minitors, and a hellcannon. I'm really at a loss of what to do, but i was thinking like terrradons or chamelons to take out the hell cannon crew, but I never fough one, so I dont know if thats good or not. Also should I go with a Slann or something else? Ya, so if you could help me out, even with a little piece of advice, that would be awsome, and thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would help to know what kind of army list you plan on feilding then we can look at that and suggest some things to change around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm not totally sure, and I'm not doing points right now, but probally 2 units of saurus, except I dont know how many to field. I usually have 20 in a unit. terradons or chameleons, slann, probally, but im not entirely sure, and im thinking about kroxigors, or instead possably calvary. Oh and two units of skinks with javlins as shields. My friend that I'm playing is buying me a stegadon, b/c its my birthday soon, and so i might wanna field that, although i've never used on before. I know that this isnt alota help, but im typing this inbetween hw, and going to sleep, so if u don't write anything I know why, haha.:yes: But mainly, im wondering about lords, b/c he said he made like an anti-magic army, but he himself isnt using any wizards. so I was thinking of possably suprising him with a carnasaur or something. Just an idea.

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never played any games against chaos, but judging by what I've heard of their great armor and awsome cavalry, i would definitely not leave home without the Kroxigors. Just use a screen in front to soak up their knights charge, you definitely want to be the one doing the charging!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

There are many ways of fighting him, I can just give some general advice.
    - Use at least 1 big unit unit of Terradons to try to take out the Hellcannon. Though if you're taking a Slann your best bet would be to bomb the damn contraption with magic 'cause deamonic engines tend to fight back and may repel your Terradons.

- Kroxigor are a good idea because Chaos Warriors and Knights have very good saves. Krox are good at opening these tin cans. Plus they have good mobility to boot.
    The same goes for a JSoD, a very valuable addition.

- Use Skinks to clean up any Warhounds he might have.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No he's not using hounds, but I found out what the great weapon things are. They're Khorngors. Oh and he's actually using two warriors.
    Don't be afraid of the dark, let it be afraid of you.

Lizardmen W/D/L
    10/2/2
    Space Marines W/D/L
    4/0/1

Remember to Rep. people that help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, i play against chaos a lot. I usually win, and this is what it do.

I use fear. it destroys chaos, charge with a lot of fear, then his armor wont matter cause he is autobreaking anyaway. krox destroy chosen knights. check out my army in the army list forum for some ideas, its called fast, fear.

If u want to go with the more traditional army and use more blocks of saurus, just make sure u have some krox or SCoR to back them up.

also make sure u use skinks to set up charges. just post asking for an explanation if u need one. And frenzy bate the kornegors when i play frenzy i almost always will end up with the charge.

for the hellcannon, i would just leave it alone. from what ive read(dont know exactly what it does) it cant really kill guys from range. unless your in flame range it can just cause panic i think.
    It is really much better in combat than at shooting. terradons probly wont scratch it.
    If u do want to mess it up i guess use the terradons to kill the crew, then it rampages or somthing(sorry i dont really know)

also if he is goin anti-magic w/o his own magic you can bet he is using korne. so dont use any magic, it wont do much. watch out for chaos lords, they is death incarnate. try to avoid them even if u have a good oldblood, itle be a challenge for your oldblood. just let your lord rack up the combat rez from his normal guys. If he does get in the position to challenge your lord with his, accept and hope for the best. The best way to kill his lord is to fear his unit and he will run with em, then run him down.
    dont try to actually do all of his wounds it really hard especially if he has armor of damnation.

If you do decide to use fear, make sure you have a lot, you have to be able to outnumber him by the end of combat.

well thats probly more than u need so im out.
    Last edited by LightningGus 3; February 17th, 2006 at 15:46.
    When you combine Speed and Power you get Lightning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, from all of the advice above, I'm deff. going with some kroxigors. But one question, how many? The normal 3? And yes he goes Khorne all the time. What would you have to say about Stegadons? And if I was to use an Oldblood, would I want to give him the Jaguar Pendant? Otherwise that really helped me, thank you, alot!:w00t: My battle is tomorrow at noon, so I'll try to devise an army list for u guys to look at before my battle.

P.S. What does "And frenzy bate the kornegors" mean?
    Don't be afraid of the dark, let it be afraid of you.

Lizardmen W/D/L
    10/2/2
    Space Marines W/D/L
    4/0/1

Remember to Rep. people that help you.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

He means use the fact that frenzied creatures have to charge if able to to your advantage. u can make them charge something he doesn't really want to and that could set you up for a better charge urself.

Skinks make for a great shield against ranged attacks, but if charged in combat be wary that he will most likely wipe out the entire unit. then overrun into something that was sitting pretty behind them, so be careful.

Good luck, the forces of lustria will surely wipe the floor with their oldest foe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, about the stegadon. It is a lot of fear (actually terror) causing unit strength so join it up with something else that causes fear for some autobreaking. So i would say sure go ahead use it, but only if u have enough other fear causing stuff.

I wouldn't give your oldblood the JC. He is too valuable to go runnin off by himself, let a scar vet do that.

For the krox i like 4 just because its 3 more fear causing unit strength for every krox. so i like the extra one. most peeps like 3 cause its more manouvarable, but i havent really noticed a difference.

Instuctions for frenzy bait: Set up some skinks in front of desired frenzy unit. Make sure that when the frenzy unit overruns they will be in charge range of one your units. then he has to charge the skinks, and he has to overrun(he has no choice). then u get a free charge.
    just make sure that the unit u want to charge with is about 10" or so away from your skinks. if you get the wrong distance that unit might fall short of the charge, or might get overruned into. also if u think u need more or less distance from the skinks just do what u feel is right. 10" is good cause it doesnt get rolled on 2 dice very often but u will almost never be short of the charge after his overrun.
    also add more distance when applying to enemy cav. they get 3d6 overrun so be carefull

this can be kind of risky cause if he overruns too short you wont be able to charge and if he goes to far he'l run into you. (also your skinks die) but worth it
    When you combine Speed and Power you get Lightning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast