Should I? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I?

Ok i am into 40k so im just starting fantasy, should i start out with lizardmen? and if so, what would be a cheap, yet strong 1000point-ish army? tysm.

Them tau got dad big shooty guns dat'll kill ons of boyz , but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough ta crump em.

-Orc Warboss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well, what kind of a force would you like to play?

Lizardmen excel in close combat (Saurus), and have excellent short-range firepower (Skinks).
    In bigger games when the Slann becomes available, they rise to the Top3 of the game's best magic armies, but otherwise their magic isn't much to write home about (ie. normal, but not awesome). Most Lizardmen units cost a lot, so they are often outnumbered by the opponent, and have very little in the way of long-range firepower.

Additionally, although the list has capabilities to do just about anything, the points costs usually make a master-of-all army impossible, so one has to specialize a bit.

Does this sound like your kind of an army?
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHat are the other two top magic armies? HE and VC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

It depends. If you have phenomenal luck, O&G. I mean, a single Gork's Warpath can theoretically wipe out the enemy army in it's entirety.

But yes, High Elves and the Undead are strong contenders. HE because they have a crapload of little extras that add to a nice whole, and Undead magic is either really powerful (Necromancy) or too damn relentless to stop (Khemri). I'd also throw Slaanesh out there, however: Controlling your enemy's movement is nasty, as are Frenzied Chaos Trolls (5 St5 attacks per model WTF?)

It depends a bit. But Slann are definitely up there, if only for the sheer brute force of a mountain of dice usable with decent Lores (unlike Tzeentch)
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well of course if your going to do a southlands army (all skinks pretty much) than what I'm about to say doesnt mean much. I would probally go with at least one unit of saurus, if not two, a scar-veteran, a unit of skinks, and well, ummmmm oh the new cavalry are a great deal 8 for 35, were as I spent 45 for 5 than another 36 for 3 more. Or if you want to have some serious muscle, although saurus themselfs pretty much are, you can buy some kroxigors. I mean it really depends on how much money you're willing to spend, and how you wish to play, but how ever you go, may the Old Ones be with you!:yes:
    Don't be afraid of the dark, let it be afraid of you.

Lizardmen W/D/L
    10/2/2
    Space Marines W/D/L
    4/0/1

Remember to Rep. people that help you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

if u want numbers, then go for goblins, people often underestimate their potential to win combats through combat res, also no matter how many ur opponent kills theres still a bucket load to throw back at them,
    for me, i'd just stick with my lizzies

back in meditation....

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

And for a cheap and strong 1k army, I'd just start with the Batallion box. Then buy a character, maybe 2 if you feel like it. And finally there's room for another unit to your liking to fill up to 1k.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x6)

instead of wasting £9 on a mounted scar, or £7 scar on foot, convert one with extra parts or swaps, it will save u money and time, to spend on somthing else.

your call...

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you suggest to be an acceptable conversion to a scar-vet. I have one and would like another without hucking out the extra cash and I should have enough bits. I want something that looks like an adequate conversion and I don't have greenstuff. The sprues I have are the saurus, skink, and cold one riders. What would you guys suggest to have a proper conversion?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x6)

takes the cold one riders, the champ on its own looks like a scar vet and with a little imagination u could mix and match some of the extras from regiment sets to make him look like an oldblood,
    saurus characters hav got light armour, vicious shield and a nasty-looking weapon, put some feathers and a few ornaments/decorations, and ur almost there.
    btw, the armour needs a little thought, as my sculpting needs som more practice, maybe a rectangular sheet of modelling putty should do the trick, with som more trinkets stuck on it, there are cheaper alternatives to green stuff...
    n e particular modelling tips u might need, u know where 2 find me

happy converting...

-Kai-Itza-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast