against newbies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: against newbies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

against newbies

in the easter holidays i played a tournement in my gaming klub. after i had won all my games and had my prize there was to boys that wanted to play against me. i answered that i could kick there buts any time, even if they used double as many points as me. then we played the game. i used 600 pts and they used 1200. i dont really remember what i used. it was something like this:

scarvey on a cold-one

skink priest

15 skinks

10 scouting skinks

1 salamander

and 5 chameleons.

i placed my scar-vet in the middle of the army. to the right off him was my salamander, and to the left, the 15 skinks. the to boys used dark elves and high elves. cant really remember what they used:

1 mage

1 dark elf mage thing

1 dark elf herohero

10 corsairs

10 dark elf warriors

10 spearmen

10 archers

10 phoenix guards (they used lots of units of 10)

and a war machine

i placed my scouts behind there army. i got the first turn mooved all my none scouting units towards them. my scouting units shot their darts at there mage and their war machine. the crew died and the dark elf mage thingy died aswell. when the boys got their turn they mooved half their army into the forrest with the skinks and chameleons in it, and their last mage tried to throw the comet of casandora into the forrest. the skink priest dispelled it.

in my next turns i killed their mage, some archer, phoenix guards and a few warriors aswell.
    when the game was finished, they had 0 pts left and i had only lost my scouts.

has anyone had simular games with such big noobs as these??

if anyone helps you with an army list or rules/fluff , then give them some rep

http://s2.bitefight.dk/c.php?uid=19914

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Stalker
    my scouting units shot their darts at there mage and their war machine.
    This must have been really bad deployment on their part, the only way you could have shot at the mage was if it was the nearest target or if it was outside 5" of another unit.

Hey Shadow-Stalker next time your around we should meet up and i could watch you play Caprichio Arabe or Recuerdos de la Alhambra on my guitar. I could then post it on a classical music forum saying how terrible you were and we could all have a good laugh abt it:yes:

If these kids were rude to you or offensive then they deserved a kicking, otherwise i don't really see the point in ripping it out of newbies...sorry

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stonehambey
    This must have been really bad deployment on their part, the only way you could have shot at the mage was if it was the nearest target or if it was outside 5" of another unit.
    what do you mean here?

Quote Originally Posted by stonehambey
    If these kids were rude to you or offensive then they deserved a kicking, otherwise i don't really see the point in ripping it out of newbies...sorry
    and what did you mean here?. that it is noobish to play against noobs? as you sid they offensed me. they made me in a really bad mood! i hate little kids that think they are better than me! i cut them down with a chain saaaaaaw!. wahahahahaaaaa... just like a ninja :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ^Shadow-Stalker
    what do you mean here?
    You can't target a single model that is within 5" of a unit with the same size.

And...., ninja's don't use chainsaws :wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by ^Shadow-Stalker; April 17th, 2006 at 16:52.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

A character that is within 5" of a unit of five or more models can only be shot at if he is the closest target. Not sure i can put it any simpler than that

I didn't mean that it was noobish to play newbies, only that we all had to start somewhere and i didn't see the points in starting a thread about how we all can beat new players.

But thats only my opinion and i didn't mean it to be offensive

Ciao

Stonehambey

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ^Shadow-Stalker
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! you are one ill freaaaaaak!. all :ninja: 's use chainsaws! its there most sacred weapon you fool! hwo can anybody be this sick!. call BS. Cristiansen's elite troops! call prince Joachim!

hey where did everyone go?
    I'm surprised a moderator hasn't caught you... you shouldn't be posting this sort of thing and insulting people, I've got a good mind to give you negative rep.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Well shadow, considering you have no idea that you can't target a character who s within 5" of a unit of the same size, I think that makes you a bit of a noob. Sure any experianced player can beat someone who is new to the game and has no idea what he is doing, but why don't you actually try and help him and give him some advice. I play a few new guys every once in a while, ya sure i beat all the time to, but after the battle I'll help them out and point out some mistakes they did, like in deployment, or with there army list and such.

SO instead of being that guy at the tourny who gets a -4 for sportmanship try to atleast bump it so it's not in the negatives anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everyone else that posted. Beating people that are new to the game and bragging about it then proceding to make fun of them all simply because they challenged you to a game isn't really a good idea. Also, as mentioned before, since you didn't know that you could not target a character with in 5" of a unit with models of similar size, some would consider you a "newb".

I'd also like to add that librarium isn't really a "l33t" forum so all this I pwn n00bs type of stuff doesn't really fly around here, sorry bud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

In case there is still some confusion.

"A character model within 5 inches of a friendly unit of five or more models can only be picked out as a target if he is the closest target.....
    Note that if the character is riding a horse or similar mount then he can still be singled out if all the friendly models within 5 inches are infantry. The same applies if the character is riding a monster or is much larger than any friendly units within 5 inches."

Page 97 of the main Fantasy rulebook.

Note that obviously if a character is within a unit that consists of at least five models of similar size he/she may not be shot at either. Once the unit drops below four models in total, you start to randomise hits.

Hopefully that helps.
    Last edited by Grey; April 17th, 2006 at 08:57.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast