Need help with Lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with Lizardmen

I am in dire need of help with my Lizardmen Army/Strategies. I like the looks of the lizardmen (you get to play with Dino's) but overall I am getting severely aggravated by thier units actual stats. We pretty much get units that are non customizable unlike every other army. Can somebody please run down a short tutorial for each unit. I am getting severely turned off by fantasy right now due to sinkin so much money into an army thats pretty much gank bait.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Noooooooo, please dont quit fantasy, it's much better than 40k!!:w00t:

Lizardmen are very, VERY tough to beat. Make sure you keep your army close together when your deploy. If you're getting ganked a lot try playing refused flank (flank against the wall) with 5 or 6 jungle swarms on the weak flank.

You say you don't like the actual stats of the units. Are their any units in particular you don't like? I could probably help more if you specified which ones were giving you trouble. Is it a particular race you play regularly that is causing you problems?

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok lets take the Saurus Warrior for example they are pretty much set when you buy them. No options what so ever except spears. The only units that have impressed me are the Cavalry when they charge and Slaan ( I run 2nd gen to prep for 7th edition rumors I.E. use only what you generate plus army Casting Die) I am severely disappointed in the Carnosaur. All those points for something thats easy to kill. Rider lasts longer than he does. Maybe its my Army build I dont know. maybe I will post my army builds if someone asks for them

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cpeerson2000
    ok lets take the Saurus Warrior for example they are pretty much set when you buy them. No options what so ever except spears.
    Erm...blessed spawnings?!

Saurus have two strength four attacks each, they are also toughness four with the potential for a 3+ save in combat (bs of quetzl). That's pretty darn hard. On top of that they have a cold blooded leadership of eight!!

Whack a scar-vet in there and you're looking at a seriously hard hitting unit.

2nd Gen slann is amazing, you're on the right track with that one(Y)

You should definitely post some of your armies up so we can have a look at them

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I heard a rumor about 7th edition where Wizards are gonna only be able to use the Dice they generate + Army generated dice. 2nd Gen Slaan pretty much gets +1 dice for any spell he casts so I figured later on it will help out greatly if they do go that route

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok Here is my Slaan list.

2nd Gen slaan. Diadem of Power, Plaque of Tepok,Plaque of Dominion Stick in Saurus Unit

Skink Priest lvl 2. Mark of the Oldones. Cube of Darkness

Skink Priest lvl 2. Dispell Scrollx2

16 Saurus Warriors w/full command

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

3 Kroxigors

3 Terradons

3 Salamander Hunting packs

6 Saurus Cavalry w/full command huanchi's Blesses Totem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And my "attack army"

Oldblood w/shield
    Scimitar of the Sun resplendent,Glymph Necklace
    Carnosaur

Skink Priest level 2. Dispel Scroll x2

Scar Veteran. Venom of Firefly frog Talisman of Protection

11 Skink skirmishers

3 Korxigor's

3 Terradon's

3 Salamander packs

6 Saurus Cavalry w/full command

Stegadon

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

I didn't mean post em here. I think they should've gone in the army list forum, people will be able to respond better there. Sorry if i confused you.

From what i can see you're not playing nearly enough skinks

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have lost alot of units to skinks. Somehow I always fail those all important panic checks even with 3 dice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those lists look pretty good except maybe for a few magic item changes I would make on your heros and adding some more skinks, but it looks pretty solid. Which armies are you losing to, what seems to be causing you the most problems, what are your strategies for playing the list.

What are your skinks panicing to, shooting, hth... cause they should have been able to do enough damage before they flee away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast