Carnosaurs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carnosaurs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carnosaurs

So I was looking at the general for my army. The mage is nice but I am an up close and personal type of fighter. I keep 2 skink level 2 preists for my magic. I was thinking sarus old blood on a carnosaur. I was wondering what people think. It is worth the 450 points?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure about this one, i guess it depends on the overall points aswell. I am one for not using too many points in my characters generally though i have been thinking of this choice recently. It seems its probably powerful enough, i guess the thing to ask yourself is what do you want in your army and if you can roughly fit it all in with the carnosaur then theres no problem, however in my experience lizardmen are spoilt for choice and generally alot of their units are expensive so this might be a hard task.

I should imagine if you were to go for this choice you wouldnt want to go for too many other expensive characters and you would probably want to focus on attacking, one way to reduce your points would be to drop one shaman, drop the other to a LVL 1 and give him the diadem of power, taking his power dice into the dispell phase giving you 5 dispell dice and if you wanted more add some marks of tepoc. Though this is up to you i would say you might be spreading yourself too thinly if you spent all those points in the combat character and then dished out lots in magic.

I think theres certainly a power in the Carnosaur worth the points and i am sure it could do great things used right but just make sure that theres enough to back it up, because you cant win on just one unit.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Whilst the carnosaur is indeed a scary monster, there are a couple of reasons why i rarely take it.

1) He takes up another hero choice. Now in a tournament (usually around 2250 points) this would leave you with only 2 hero choices left. So if you choose two skink priests for some magic defence, then you have no characters in your saurus units. This is bad.

2) With his high movement it is more difficult to keep him near the rest of your army. While this is fine for your saurus, your sallies/skinks will tend to leg it at the first sign of trouble.

An oldblood in a unit of saurus is my personal preference when it comes to oldbloods. Then you can stick a scar-vet in another unit for a couple of seriously hard hitting infantry blocks, and still have room for your two skink priests.

This is just the way i use oldbloods, others might use them different

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In any army list over 2k that I create that doesn't have a slann, I always include the carnosaur. I have discovered though that for me it's best to run a quetzl sacred host army with him, so that your skink priests get to use the lore of death.

I spread my two lvl 2 priests out with one on one side of the table with some troops and one in the middle with the rest of the army, and the oldblood and carny hold the other flank with a unit of kroxigors. Once you own that flank, the carnosaur and kroxigors pretty much hammer the opponents army against the rest of your force which acts like the anvil.

I have suffered battle losses when I use a saurus on a cold one, saurus characters on foot or a slann, but I have luckily never lost a battle when I have used my carnosaur.

+ Reply to Thread