Origin of the Lizardmen (Fluff!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Origin of the Lizardmen (Fluff!)

"Their polar gateway was a device crafted from this technology, a portal between the very dimensions.
    THE FALL OF THE OLD ONES

It is impossible to say what terrible disaster overtook the Old Ones and destroyed the ordered world which they had created. Their gateway, the source of all their arcane power, collapsed onto the northern pole creating a region of seething energy, a wasteland saturated in magical power, an open door into the dimension of daemons and gods. This disaster initiated the Time of Chaos and unleashed new and horrifying gods into the world. It made the Realm of Chaos where Daemons and other things too mind-destroying to consider dwell to this day." Games workshop

Well I was reading this over today and it made me think. I am also a 40k player and I realized that it was the eldar who could create portals and caused the rise of chaos. I am thinking warhammer's time setting is acutally during 40k. There are billions of planets and this one could very well be just an uncharted planet in the 40k universe. The eldar probally landed like they probally did so many times before. They brought warriors to control the world. Then the fall of the eldar came and left the world in ruins. So warhammer fantasy could acutally take place at the same time as 40k. I think it's an interesting idea and I could be full of it but I think the eldar were the ancients and their fall was the beginning of chaos thoughout the galaxy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

In the old fluff, the world of WHFB was, in fact, a backwater planet in the 40k universe.

Nowadays GW has separated the universes from each other.
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! So my ramblings happen to be real! Sweet I am not Crazy!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Eldar are definately not the ancients!

I love my lizzies to bits and refuse to believe that they are in any way connected to the 40K *spit* universe

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar were the ones who creatred the portal for chaos. When the ancients left chaos came in. Exact same time line

Warhammer = Ancients Come -> Prosper! -> Portal appears and chaos enters -> Ancients disappear
    Hammer 40k = Eldar rule all -> Keep ruling -> Fight with dark eldar create portal to chaos -> Eldar fall from glory

Same time line! Eldar are the ancients!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Well.. the eldar themselves in 40k were created by a mysterious transdimensional progenitor race conveniently called the old ones. So it seems unlikely the old ones are the eldar.

I always imagined the two universes as seperate but parallel. Since the old ones were transdimensional, they could travel between the two, and therefore could exist in both. The same goes for chaos. However, a mere look at the timeline and the fact that slannesh has existed in Warhammer for well over 10,000 WHFB years dismisses any idea of the warhammer world actually being in the 40k universe.

And the eldar never fought the dark eldar.. in fact, the dark eldar didn't exist until after the disaster which destroyed most of their race. They were formed from the survivors of the eldar homeworld who somehow survived the birth of slannesh.

It also explains how the laws of physics work differently via magic.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; June 22nd, 2006 at 01:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weren't there somewhere in the fluff Emperor's Children involved in the Albion Campaign? Some of the items available after this campaign sound like powerfists, melters and so on...

Back in the old days of this game the WHFB world was indeed a planet in the 40k universe - or to put it in more correct words: the 40k universe was built around the WH world when GW invented it (40k).
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Dominatio

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I think they are best thought as two totally different universes. Indeed apart from the fact that they are both made by GW, i view them as two totally different games (different rules/races etc)

The ancients are the ancients

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that theu are indeed two seperate universes, however, it is fun to think of the possibility that they are one and how they are related to each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, here is a definative answer proving, IMO, that they are two seperate concepts based around similar races.

The orks in FB were spawned by the rain of chaos onto the land from the skies when disaster happened acording to dwarfs. in 40k the orks were created to fight agaisnt the necrons alongside eldar acording to necrons. this knowledge is a bit hazy as I haven't read my army books fluffy bits in a while but this alone shows thay are different.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast