Results of my lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -31 (x0)

Results of my lizardmen

Howdy guys,

I just got my 2000 point lizard men list set up, and I played it today. I didn't like a few certain units.

I used a 2nd Gen Slann, who killed a total of 3 enemy skinks in the entire 4 turns of magic he did, before he was charged by kroxigores. Sure, I played an opposing lizardmen army, but He was using a 4th gen slann, and I had 2 skins priests that he didn't have, so I did have a magical advantage. But 3 skinks? The sucks for a 500+ point unit... I don't know if I like the magic system here. Was that just bad luck?

I also didn't like my stegadon. He wounded a salamander, and nothing else. he just missed 3 times..... I got him into combat, he killed 4 guys, and then broke from his almighty leadership 5.... You would think that I could kill more guys with him, but I only got 2 trample attacks and only 3 of my other attacks for him and his crew actually hit, 2 of which wounded and killed. That sucked for a big unit like him.

I also wasn't too impressed with my opponents terradons. Maybe because they didn't do anything, I don't know.

So, was I just having bad luck, or are those units really not very good?

How legitimate is a Lizardman army list that doesn't use a Slann, but instead uses an Oldblood on a Carnisaur, or even just a couple of scar veterans with Blessed spawning of Tepoc, and a couple of skink priests, just so my opponent doens't get magic?

respnd quickly, if you please....

thanks.

TSg.t Zakarius Clay
    142nd Cadian, Stationed Planet Skyfall B
    4th Brigade, 1st Battalion, 1st Co.
    'The Pathfinders', Drop Team - 6

Pssst.... give me kudos....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like bad luck, what spells did you get for your mages? Stegadons do a lot better on rank and file, although sauruses are a tough nut to crack.

Lizardmen are perfectly viable without a slann, oldbloods can be beasts in combat. Carnisaurs aren't neccessary, but they are great models, and can work. What my friend does is put his oldblood on carnie, and then makes his scar vet his general, so the lord won't be out in the middle of nowhere and die (they have the same ld). Tepok is good, and skink priests make great scroll caddies, try some different stuff, you've only played one game, you hafta give your units a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -31 (x0)

I like the carnisaur model so much, I might just have to field one, just so I can paint it.....

but I have to figure out a way to make it effective. A carnisaur w/oldblood (the carnisaur is the unit I want, not the oldblood!!! ;-) ) and 2 large blocks of saurus is a good base, I guess...

actually here:

Someone suggested this armylist to me. I revamped it, as you can see at the end

>> My 2250 army:
    >> JSoD Oldblood
    >> scar-vet on cold one
    >> scroll caddy
    >> 3 skink units
    >> 3 Jungle Swarm
    >> 2x3 Kroxigors
    >> 5 Terradons
    >> 7 Saurus Cavalry with Huanchi's
    >> Stegadon
    >> 3 Salamanders
    >>
    >> Its an assault army. Skinks screen to get the big hitters a charge, Salamanders and JSoD rip up the light stuff, Terradons (and JSoD) eliminate enemy shooting and sometimes hunt mages. I am by no means a great player, but I can win with it often enough (slightly above half) I haven't changed it.

I like it. I don't like some of it, but I like a good bit of it. I modified it. I kept the oldblood. But, I needed some dino action, even if it isn't the best unit, So I took a carnisaur. I also gave him BSoQuetzl, light armor, scimitar of the sun, venom of the firefly frog, and a shield. He is as many points as my slann, but I have a feeling that I keep him in cover for a turn or 2, (which I'm good at doing, I play ravenwing and guard in 40k), then he'll be brutal.

I also liked your idea of the scar-veterans. So, I have 2, exactly the same, with BSoQuetzl, light armor, great weapons, a d-scroll, and a coldone each.

For my core, I did the same thing, I took 3 skink blocks, 2 of which have scouts. 200 points of core made me happy. More special stuff.

Then I took 32 saurus in 16 saurus blocks, each with full command and BSoQuetzl. I like BSoQ if you haven't figured that out. I wanted the staying power of the saurus.

I took your cavalry, took out the banner, because I always forget about those things anyway, and put in more cavarly. I have 2 units of 5 cavalray, each unit with full command minus a champion. I don't see the point of spending ## points for a single extra attack. The 2 scar-vets go in here.

Since I had to make room for the saurus, and I didn't like them at all, I took out your stegadon, and your terradons. SO they aren't in here.

But, I did take your Kroxigores. I have a single unit of 3 of them, because I wanted them to be a threat, but not a fire magnet. They will go between my saurus bricks, and be a strong center for killing cavalry, and going through my skink screen, which will be in front of everything.

I also took your salamanders. I took 3 packs of them, and would have taken more, because my opponents salamanders killed alot. But my carnisaur takes up the other rare. SO I have 3 salamanders. They will form up on one far flank, with the carnisaur and one of the scout skink squads. They will be a good strong unit that kind of force units into the middle, where I got my gook!

So, I have the following:
    Oldblood on Carnisaur
    2x scar-vets on coldones
    30x skinks, 20 of which scout
    32x saurus
    10x saurus cav
    3x kroxigore
    3x salamnder

I like it, I think it will preform well, from what I know. The only thing I worry about is getting magic ganked. And yes, while I know that the carnisaur has the same problem the slann has in terms of points not returning points, I think he is a good bargain. I'll proxy with him before I buy him, but like I said, I really am good at milking cover.... I have to be in my ravenwing.
    TSg.t Zakarius Clay

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhagadurn
    I also didn't like my stegadon. He wounded a salamander, and nothing else. he just missed 3 times..... I got him into combat, he killed 4 guys, and then broke from his almighty leadership 5
    Make sure you opponent ranked his salamander unit up properly. It's an easy mistake to make, and one i did until DavidVC04 kindly pointed it out. They don't (as i used to think) rank up like rat ogres in combat.

I don't see the point of spending ## points for a single extra attack. The 2 scar-vets go in here.
    Champions are usually worth it for challenges etc, its a shame they cost so much on CoR.

The only thing I worry about is getting magic ganked.
    And rightly so , LM don't like skaven as it is but they'll have a field day with this list. Seriously, you need much more magic defence. I'm hoping there is a lot of tepok in there(Y)

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't give scar-vets dispel scrolls, only mages can take arcane items. Otherwise give it a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -31 (x0)

hmm... ok, maybe if I take out the scar veterans and put in skink priests with dispell scrolls?

I also want to strip some points somewhere and make room for the haunchi's banner or whatever it is called, on the cavalry.

Can I have 2 banners of the same type?
    TSg.t Zakarius Clay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Just a quick note on you oldblood on carnisour. Venom of the firefly only works on mundane weapons, so having it on your scimitar of the sun won't do anything, andthis will also free up some points for your banner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you can't have two of the same banner, or any item except dispel scrolls and power stones. I would run 2 skink priests, one with the diadem of power, the other with 2 dispel scrolls. You can cast a couple of spells, and then run an oldblood and scarvet if you want.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jabu
    No, you can't have two of the same banner, or any item except dispel scrolls and power stones. I would run 2 skink priests, one with the diadem of power, the other with 2 dispel scrolls. You can cast a couple of spells, and then run an oldblood and scarvet if you want.
    This is a good setup which will give you the same amount of magic defence whether they be level one or two.

Depending on how many points you have and how much offensive magic you want you can raise either or both of these to level 2.

A lot of people really dig the two skink plus slann combo but i always like to have a couple of saurus for heavy support

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play a Tepok list with an O/B,2 Scar Vets and a Scroll Caddy.With another two Saurii with a tepok spawning your up to 8 DD and 2 Scrolls,wich should buy you enough time to get into combat with those beasties...

Generally I'[m not a huge fan of carnies - they're cannon magnets,and I'm not too fond of losing the extra character slot...I opt for a Cold One,gives an O/B a 3+ save without any further mods...

+ Reply to Thread