7th edition is going to be awful for the lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7th edition is going to be awful for the lizardmen

I've heard that in 7th ed a wizard can only use his own power dice as well as the two for being an army. This means slann only get 7 power dice (with plaque of dominion). Why is games workshop doing this? It terrible, awful, bad, sad, scary, frightening, terrifying and very very bad.
    This is bad news for slann and all :spell: casters. :realmad:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats exactly why theyre doing it, to tone down spell casters a little, everyone is in the same boat with it though, but slanns cant miscast so your missing that change that everyone else gets... and slanns can generate more dice than other casters can as well.

also take a look around most of the army forums, ull find that alot of people are upset about the changes, but like everything else we will just get used to it and learn to deal with it.
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They dont need to tone down spell casting they could have done something else like made it that you only get 1 or no power dice for being an army

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

It will just stop taking low level wizards to feed dice into one uber caster, I will be affected by it as well as I do just that with my dark elves. With a slann though you can still have them of a sufficient generation that they get to add 1 extra dice to every spell they cast as well as getting bonuses to cast.

A magically tricked out lizardman army with teradons (sp?) and hordes of skinks is about as much fun to play against as pulling your toe nails out with pliers and needed toning down a bit anyway.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez, IMO, lizardmen are going to be one of the least to suffer. The slann is an extremely strong caster by by himsef. If you run him with a skink priest that is level 1 with either scrolls or the cloak of feathers, he still gets all that line of sight stuff, and you get 7 dice to use with your slann. Don't cry about that at all. Thats atleast like 3-4 spells a turn with him, more than any other caster. Plus he won't miscast, and sees most things on the board by himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one of their awful new rules which hasn't been thought out atall, slanns won't be affected and indeed high level magic casters will be much more valuable as they don't need any extra support, what it does do though is it severly weakens low level wizards as they now only have a function of dispell dice and casting and to cast they will need to draw from the army pool, so basically a level 1 is all you can have or 2 level 2's otherwise its a waste of point with the lower levels. So far from making people take less magic it makes people take more high level wizards.

everyone is in the same boat with it though
    Thats not strictly true, armys such as choas, orcs and goblins, tomb kings and ogres are largely unaffected by this because they either have other things to power their wizards up or have low level spells or have no need of power dice. So basically the two main offenders of powerful magic are uneffected.

Lizardmen will suffer, the swarms will go from borderline useful to awful, skinks wont be able to march block though with skinks being so vunerable this aint something you do too much, i don't know all the changed rules though so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 7th Edition will serve to prove that Slann are the best wizards in the Warhammer world. Specifically for the reasons previously mentioned. There is no worry of miscasts, Slann can get an extra dice per spell, and they get bonuses to casting and dispelling. I don't think there is another magic intensive army that can boast such indifference to the new rules. Albeit, since the Slann can only use his own dice to cast it will lower his effectiveness, with the extra dice to cast this won't be as much a drawback as it is to other armies.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

The slann gets an extra dice for every spell anyway! So i've got no worries there

Quote Originally Posted by Elannion
    the swarms will go from borderline useful to awful
    Swarms borderline useful!?

*sigh*

He is young, he is learning^_^

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badquinton304
    I've heard that in 7th ed a wizard can only use his own power dice as well as the two for being an army. This means slann only get 7 power dice (with plaque of dominion). Why is games workshop doing this? It terrible, awful, bad, sad, scary, frightening, terrifying and very very bad.
    This is bad news for slann and all :spell: casters. :realmad:
    Are you serious? this is why you are mad? Magic? I expected to see complaining about the new skirmiser rules(marchblocking and stuff). If anything these knew changes help us in comparison to other armies. Our slann can be really pimped out to draw all kinds of dice (4 from lvl 4, 1 from some plaque I beleive, and 1 extra per spell you cast). It will affect the magic heavy LM a bit, but most more balanced prefer scar-vets as their hero choices anyway(maybe a skink priest to draw LOS).

So in short, since I don't wanna keep rambling about magic, heavy magic LM(slann w/ 2 skink priests) are more effected, using a slann and a skink priest as LOS are slightly affected(less pd for the slann, but on the brightside avoids a nasty miscast table so IMO it balances but if you really hate loosing some pd it's still not so bad), using just a slann is actually helped(avoids miscasts while most other wizards do not.)

Skirmishers are changed around a bit. They can be march blocked(which makes sence, no skirmershers should be able to out run calvaery in a race), and they can't march block or somethin. This changes up skinks a bit, but they're still cheap.

But to be serious, I think LM benefit from the changes. What I am really liking the look of, is that when enemy units flee, they flee directly away, and if it is in to one of your units that is US 5 or more, they die. Hello terradons. The flying is really looking good now. Plant them behind an enemy unit, and break them with our fear causing units. Should work pretty well.

I do agree that magic, movement, and many more tweaks are there. However, people have a tendancy to look on the dark side of things before the bright side. Yeah there are changes, but I think we should look at them as a whole rather than saying that we are gunna be terrible in one sector.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey
    The slann gets an extra dice for every spell anyway! So i've got no worries there

Swarms borderline useful!?

*sigh*

He is young, he is learning^_^

Ciao

Stonehambey
    You posted while I was typing lol.

Anyway, I know you love your swarms stonehambey, however, with what's said to be ahppening to swarms, they are not as good as they once were.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast