Librarium Online Forums banner

Is a JSoD safe to take in small games as a general?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  BustaCaps 
#1 · (Edited)
Cause im thinking of taking a JSoD general in 500 and 1000pt games but im scared that he will die without protection.

#2 ·
I'm not that familiar with low points games but at the 2k and above level i never use him as the general.

With a lot of ld 5 running around the table i like to keep his leadership nice and safe inside a unit. Plus he could be easy victory points for your opponent once he has started running around on his own.

But he might be ok in small points games i guess, i still think it's a bit of a risk though. Although i must admit it's not something i've ever tried^_^

Ciao

Stonehambey

#3 ·
I use a scar veteran with the charm in 1000 point battles with a lot of success. I have 2 units of scouting skinks that go up ahead, and then my scar vet kinda jump between them leepfrogging from one to the other for more protection from warmachine and shooters. When i get in the right spot I'll charge him to get a lone wizard or warmachine, for the most part he is very good, I ussually just give him light armour and a great weapon, and I run a host of +1 save(not sure which god it is, but I think it's the one that starts with a Q).

For leadership in small games you might as well make him your general. For me my skinks scout a lot so since my scar vet will be near them they will benifit from his leadership, since saurus have the same leadership value it won't make any difference if I make my scar vet without the charm who goes with my saurus warriors the general since it's all the same leadership. I find more often then not he can make points back pretty fast by going after warmachines and wizards, plus by taking out a single wizard you will make his magic weaker and yours stronger, and by killing warmachine he will take away from the enamies shooting.

#12 ·
A character can charge out of a unit though cant they?

This would mean that you can give him a unit for protection than when your within 18" of a viable target (like war machines etc) simply charge him out!

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.