Scar-Veteran? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scar-Veteran?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scar-Veteran?

I'm thinking of using a Scar-Veteran to be me general in low-point games. I'd appreciate it if
    you could help me with him.
    I'm going to give him Light Armor, but should I give him a Great Weapon, Halberd, or a Shield? I'm leaning towards the shield.
    Also, should I give him some/any Magic Items? Which ones?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

In low points games magical items really aren't worth the bother.

Simply give him light armour, the sacred spawning of Queztl, give him a great weapon and stick him in a unit of saurus.....lovely

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

I love giving my scar vet the sword of the hornet. You can get charged, your scar vet will strike first and kill about 2 or 3 guys, depending on who your killing. This way you get less attacks against you, saving you on combat res and saurus warriors. Also giving him the enchanted shield for a little more protectiong is good, but him with just the sword is great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for low point scar vet id go scimitar of sun thing
    shield
    immune to phycology
    sotek
    and put him in a unit

but personly i think a 2 well equiped chiefs instead is better (121 each)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Radran, he was asking for a low point scar vet, you have maxed out his magic weapon point and his sacred spawning traits, the only thing you forgot was light armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok he;s a little expensive but not that much as scar vets go
    but skink chiefs are better for a low cost leader

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two skink chiefs make better leaders than scar-vets? I think your the only one that would make that argument. first of all your scarvet that you listed is 170ish points. The 2 skink chiefs would be 240. That's a huge difference(a full unit of skinks). Secondly I think the scar-vet would own those chiefs anyway.

In addition, the scar-vet you listed is very points-heavy. It's more than fifty points more than he wanted to spend, you should start looking at your scar-vets outfitting more seriously than just maxing him out all the time.

Anyway, how low is low points games? Closer to 500 or 1000? In 500 I would give him light armor like you wanted to and a shield. Throw on venom of the firefly for a cheap magic weapon. Around 1000 points I like to use a JSOD. It varies a bit but it's basically a Scar-vet with the jaguar charm with any outfiiting you want to add to it.

What you really wanna do is look at the rest of your army. Start with what you want on your scar-vet, devleope the rest of your army, and if you don't feel you have enough points invested in the rest, remove a few items. But for a good solid general I'd start with a scar-vet with a light armor, the sword of the hornet, and the enchanted shield. This wil leave you with a 2+ save with 35 points spent in magic items. If you find yourself needing the points, drop whichever you feel you don't need and change it around. I pick the enchanted shield because it's cheaper than quetzl(I never noticed that when I started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to plan out my first army soon (as soon as I can get all 300+ MageKnight figures ioff my table). I was thinking of a 200 point game, then moving up to 500, then 750, etc.

What should be the basics for my 200 game? Is it smart to get a Skink Chief to lead it?

5+ \ 0 \ 0 - 3'000+ Pts - Dal'yth Sept

0 \ 0 \ 0 - Work In Progress - Hive Fleet Hammerhead

0 \ 0 \ 0 - WIP

Victory \ Draw \ Defeat

Credit to Legionnaire for the bars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a solid gerneal is important and a scar vet will stay around well (ye pound for pound he can win a fight)
    but he's expensive and i'v battled in challenges against a dark elf hero on cold ones, fully kitted out with (he was very powerful) with a chief (121) and even if he didn't lose he only lost one wound and held his own for a few turns (other things broke them up, charge by other unit or something?)
    so don't discount them when you need a leader and only have a few points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i play a Scar Vet with burning blade and lightarmor shield and quetzl if i must. But nothing bigonly 129 pts
    W/D/L
    Lizardmen 0/0/0

The Old Ones have not forgotten me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast