Looking for a little bit of building help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Looking for a little bit of building help

I'm looking for suggestions on the best units to choose in for my lizardmen. I'm relatively new at playing, here's what I have available for me. Gunning for a 3000pt army. Rough suggestions are fine, I'm not expecting people to build it to points or anything silly.

Also looking for advice on topics like, "how big of a saurus block should I run, 3 10s, 2 15s", etc etc.

P.S - The people at my FLGS like huge battles.

Models Available:

20 Saurus w/ Spears/Shields (Full Command)
    16 Saurus (can be built either way, trying to decide
    20 Temple Guard w/ Shield (Full Command)
    40 Skinks (20 Blowpipe, 20 Javelin)
    3 Salamander Hunting Packs
    6 Kroxigor
    Oldblood on Carnosaur
    Slaan Mage Priest
    Lord Kroak
    Skink Priest
    Stegadon (can be done as either a mount or unit at this point, not sure which way I want to go (again, it'll be rare to run <2000 points for me)

Probably looking at getting some terradons here soon, in the next week or so. Probably 3-5.

Main opposition is Tomb Kings w/ Casket, D.E w/ Malekith, Dwarves, Ogres, and V.C

2. Remove Advertisements

Son of LO
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

20 saurus with full command are a steal at 270 points. I like to run three in 2k points, more than likely I would bump this up to four or five in 3k points. Stick a BSB in them and they are one hard line to break.

With the models you have I would suggest a 2nd gen slann with 16 temple. Then use your other four TG as saurus which will give you another two blocks of 20.

Use all 40 skinks, I usually find a unit of 10 in front of each saurus block and another units scouting will suffice. Sometimes if I run too many skinks I find they can get in the way a bit. But the amount of shots they can get off is amazing!

That's the build I'd go for personally. Whatever you do, take a BSB

+ Reply to Thread