Saurus Scar-Vetern BSB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Saurus Scar-Vetern BSB

Does anyone here use a Saurus Scar-Vet as a BSB in games where a Slaan isn't used as one. Was wondering if anyone considered it worth the points. And if you do take one, do you give it a magical banner, or magic weapons/armor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

i always let my slann carry my BS but, in non-slan armies i've never actually used one because i could not find the space for it, but for the re-roll i think it will be worth it and if the magical banner i could possibly use the warbanner for getting that vital +1 for the CR, though this does mean an expensive lightly armed and armoured, and otherwise vulnerable model for you to hide due to the new 7th ed. rules .
    just whack him in a meaty saurus unit and let the CR do the rest, if you don't know what it does, there's only one way to find out...

Happy Gaming!

-Kai-Itza-

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I always take a Scar-vet BSB when I don't take a Slann. A lot of people (foolishly) forsake a BSB in favour of a more "fighty" character, but we lizards don't have that problem, as ours still packs four strength five attacks!

I like to give mine the sword of the hornet, gives him the chance to spank any nasties that might be in front of him, as he can't take a shield. I usually give him the bs of Tepok as well, I like that spawning.

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey View Post

I like to give mine the sword of the hornet, gives him the chance to spank any nasties that might be in front of him, as he can't take a shield. I usually give him the bs of Tepok as well, I like that spawning.

Stonehambey
    Hmm.. I was always under the impression that he couldn't carry a magic weapon. That's not a bad plan. Thanks, Stonehambey. I may try that out in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Well if you give him a warbanner he should be able to since a warbanner is a common magic item and not a magic banner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

Well if you give him a war banner he should be able to since a war banner is a common magic item and not a magic banner.
    Sorry no, the war banner is a magic banner, just a common one. Same way a sword of striking is a magic weapon. This can be confirmed in the war banner’s description in the BRB which clearly notes that it’s a banner.

Rule bending is not recommended please reread such things in the future.

-- your local mad scotsman
    Last edited by Arklite; March 2nd, 2007 at 17:30.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the point to a war banner? The description says it grants +1 combat resolution. However, the rules for the BSB on page 82, state the benefits are as follows:

1) In combat his side receives a +1 combat bonus
    2) re-roll break tests in the radius of 12"

Does this mean that a war banner would grant a further +1 (making it +2 to combat resolution), or am I just looking at the rule to deep?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

War banner grants an additional +1 CR to any existing modifiers. So a unit with a standard, a BSB and a warbanner gets +3 CR!

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

451 (x8)

indeed. the warbanner stacks upon a normal banner or BSB. useful for creating units you REALLY need to hold on to in the face of a frontal charge

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember its not just a warbanner your limited to tho....

-1 to be hit by missiles should be nice against shooty armies ensuring you do indeed get into combat (could be better in coldones tho)

+D6 pursue seems fun too, so they can't turn around and fight again (but of course chotec would work almost as well, for probably fewer points)

Against goblins and other low Ld armies fear in your saurus could be very fun or (funner still) against high Ld armies, smashing them in combat (as saurus do) and then auto-breaking them, probably earning you more points than against gobbies etc. However at 75 pts it might be overkill, so it's up to you.

The other standard i would keep for saurus charging their missile troops maybe.

I hope it helps slightly, either that or tell me im wrong, im only a noob xD
    "If a jobs worth doing, its worth dieing for"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast