Terradon clarification - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terradon clarification

Ok guys, I have a quick question about terradons. I am not sure how their special hit and run rule works. When you elect to fall back after CC, do you simply move them like in the movement phase, or do you roll dice as if you were fleeing?

I have used terradons once, but I didnt use their hit and run ability because I wasnt sure how it works. I appreciate any help .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Lizardmen book, on any turn the Terradons charge, if they lose, they don't take a Break test and, "automatically fall back", which is treated like fleeing, with some exceptions. (p. 30) Essentially, the rules say that they automatically flee & then change the rules a little bit. So, basically follow the fleeing rules, including the 3D6" movement, but add in the exceptions.

Overall, here's how it works. Remember to only apply these rules if it's on the turn the Terradons charged:
    1. Terradons tie/lose: Do not take a Break test. The Terradons' fleeing movement doesn't cause Panic in others. The Terradons automatically rally after they've been moved 3D6" directly away from the unit with the highest unit strength. The enemy may not pursue.
    2. Terradons win: Before the enemy makes its Break test, decide whether you want to break away as in a tie or loss. The Break test happens regardless of whether the Terradons stay or flee. If the Terradons stay, then resolve the fleeing/pursuing as normal.

Hope that helps,
    Bad Hat Harry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, that was the clarification I needed .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember though, that since they are falling back, if they run into an enemy or off the board when the use "hit and run", they count as being destroyed. So, even though the enemy can not chase you, he can try to prevent you from hit and runs.
    It helps to know that ahead of time instead of during game play. You may be able to help the decisions that you make. Learn from the experience of others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BluPlague View Post
    Remember though, that since they are falling back, if they run into an enemy or off the board when the use "hit and run", they count as being destroyed.

That may be, but they are flying and can fly over enemies and obstacles, which greatly reduces their chance of being destroyed while falling back.

+ Reply to Thread