Getting Started - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Started

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Started

okay I need to build a Lizard army and I kind of want it to be cheap. on Another forum a Guy posted on how you make battlions give you more bang for your buck. IE 3 kroxigor and 3 salamders out of the Box. have any of you done this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First and foremost, I assume that you have AND have read the basic rulebook. Next, buy the army book and read that. This is important. Nobody can make your army for you, otherwise it wouldn't be your army, would it?

But actually building an army is pretty simple, and if your going at it to save money, you can base your army around low priced units.

Second, you haven't given us an army size. Find out a point value at which your games will be set. Most are set at 1500 or 2000, but the actual size is determined by you and you're opponent.

So, less than 2000 pts you need one general and 2 core units. Less than 3000 pts and you need to tack on another core. Honestly, I believe that saurs are one of the best core choices in the game. And for their points cost, they do a lot of damage. Money wise they aren't too much of a strain either. I would take a Lizardmen army without at least one unit of saurs. Personally, I always have two or more. But that's just me.

If you pick up the army battalion box (about $90 USA), and then a saurs hero for another $15, that should be a good start for your 1000 point army. Adding the support is up to you, and half the fun.

That's all I can really tell you. The battalion box is a great deal though. You manage to save yourself a bit of money, rather than going at it separately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the arny book and such I was just wondering if any of you guys have converted models in the battlion into Salamanders or Kroxigor (IE cold ones for Salamander/and Riders + saurs for Kroxigor?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by AKNOR View Post
    I have the arny book and such I was just wondering if any of you guys have converted models in the battlion into Salamanders or Kroxigor (IE cold ones for Salamander/and Riders + saurs for Kroxigor?
    good idea for the sallies, but i don't know about the Saurus/Kroxigor conversion, they'll look a little small for the big lizards unless you have some good skills at sculpting one from scratch out of Green Stuff if not, i'd suggest that you buy blisters of kroxigor (pricey i know) but at least they're big enough to be large lizards.

as for the sallie idea, i like it! and with skinks in there also you can quickly make a full unit whilst saving cash! i think i've got an idea:shifty:.

good luck on the conversion ideas

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a cold one -> sallie conversion over at TPV a while ago (before their servers went down). Rather than trying to find you something that might not be there I'll just try and describe what he did.

The cold one was repositioned so that it was on all fours (witht the aid of greenstuff). On the back I think scales were added with greenstuff I think, The fins are made pretty easily (in comparison to other greenstuff things) using pretty much any straight bits as spines and the GS as the filler in between. It was pretty good looking (and cheaper).

+ Reply to Thread