I like to charge with... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What unit do I like to cram down my foes gullet the most

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saur Cav (My Lizard rides a Lizard, tackle that Freud)

4 19.05%
  • Stegadon (Howdah. Howdah to you too.)

0 0%
  • Kroxigors (HULK SMASH!!!)

9 42.86%
  • Both EXCEPT the Saur Cav (Lizards riding Lizards? No. Just, No.)

1 4.76%
  • Both EXCEPT the Stegadon (Frankly, it ain't worth the clean up. Great fertilizer though.)

2 9.52%
  • Both EXCEPT the Kroxigors (SkinkUnion484 banned the Skirmish Screen tactic in their last contract)

2 9.52%
  • OTHER (Slann, Horned Ones, None, Dead Parrots, Etc)

3 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

I like to charge with...

A poll question, just to see what people think.

Not counting DoW/Characters the Lizardmen get three good solid units capable of ramming it home to the foe two fisted...

Saurus Cavalry
    Kroxigors
    or
    Stegadons

Simple enough question, which of these do you take when you want a good, soli, hardcore hit you think will have a great effect on the game?

Note 1: I have chosen not to list Terradons with this, as while they can get a good charge in, I've decided S5 or more on the hit was needed to really qualify as a hard charge for the main choices. Sorry to any birdy fans. I think they can be good chargers, but not really hard chargers. You can always choose "other". This also applies to Huanchi spawned or Sotek spawned LMan blocks. One doesn't have enough S to qualify, and the other though some would argue it makes up for S in attacks it doesn't have a speed I felt qualified it. Again you can always choose "other".

Note 2: It was semi deliberate their is no "all 3" option, as it seemed like it would take all the fun out of choosing. (In reality I just forgot to put 8 choices not 7 and didn't realize my mistake till it was up.) In a pinch, you can use "other" for that as well.

-
    Making Sisters of Battle into Women of Battle
    -
    Give a Rep Star if you like what someone said. Especially Me. I'm an unabashed Star whore. Blame my 2nd grade teacher and those stupid good behavior stickers. I'm just conditioned. I'm the Pavlov's Dog of stars.
    -
    You win with VP, NOT with kills
    -

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

I choose both EXCEPT the Stegadon. While I do enjoy the big guy, and do routinely field him, I ask myself a couple of questions...

1.) Will the unit get to the enemy to deliver it's charge?

2.) When it gets there will it hit HARD?

3.) What about after?

4.) How convienant is it to take the unit?

#2 I think all three choices have for sure. If any of them get the charge, something isn't happy on the other team.

However #3 is a little trickier. After a good charge the bow is often not in the best firing position, so part of my steggys cost is actually negated by a good charge or at least hindered by it. I'm never happy when I pay a premium for a unit that can do 2 things but doing one well really hinders the other, that's just a pet peeve. Also if the foe doesn't break, later rounds can get pretty dicey.

#1 is the worst and the big reason to me steggy loses out to the other choices in a judgement of chargers. While he has other things that balance it in the grand scheme, in the question of just charging Steggys attract Cannon and high S shots as if he had a nude picture of the enemy artillery commanders mother for his banner. I might as well just make him out of a magnetic alloy, and have my foe replace all the plastic cannonballs that come with his cannons with metal ones. It would just save us alot of time. If my enemy has cannons, or ANY attack options with S5 or above that can be used at range, my steggy seems to pretty much be guarenteed to recieve them. As such, it's far too often he eats dirt before he can get a good charge off.

#4, Well, he's the only of the three that uses a rare choice. That's not always a plus.

So sadly, while I love the big guy, for what I want in a charging unit I'd take the other two over him... even before his use in a valuable Rare spot (meaning I also don't use him under 2k). The fact is on my charger criteria the other two either exceed or meet expectations on all 4 catagories. The Stegadon is the only one that fails one, and can be (but is not always) below average on another two more often then I'm comfortable with. Thus he losses out.
    -
    Making Sisters of Battle into Women of Battle
    -
    Give a Rep Star if you like what someone said. Especially Me. I'm an unabashed Star whore. Blame my 2nd grade teacher and those stupid good behavior stickers. I'm just conditioned. I'm the Pavlov's Dog of stars.
    -
    You win with VP, NOT with kills
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked Saurus Cav. I was gunna say Saurs Cav. AND Krox, but my saurus cav seem to serve me better (when they don't get shot up). They always hit hard, and even when they get "stuck" in combat, they don't high-tail it outta there too quick.

The steg, as much as I love him, has never made his points back as far as i can remember. I wouldn't exactly consider myself a top of the line player (sometimes wouldn't even consider myself good lol) but everything I use seems to fair better than the steg. This being said, I love him so much I use him in practically every battle (false hope I guess lol.)

It was against a specific target it would make things easier. Like against low armored troops I'd rather watch the saurus cav go in, high armored krox, etc. But in general, Saurus cav. get my vote.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

For me it's saurus cavalry hands down. They consistently perform well. A unit of 6 dishes out a whopping 12 S5 attacks and 6 S4 attacks on the charge. Plus their higher WS means they will hit average rank and file troops slightly easier than the other two units. These guys are one of my favourite units open to the lizardmen, just cos they pack such a heavy punch

Ciao

Stonehambey

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked other. Personnally, I just love charging a Scar Veteran with great weapon and Charm of the Jaguar Warrior into his hero or tough unit. He always gets the charge, and is much more easily maneuvered than the cavalry or Kroxigors.
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroxigor.
    Skink screen is invaluable, not only because it protects your kroxigor, but also because you can force enemy maneuveres with it. Having a protected, hard hitting charge unit can really dominate an area on the field, allowing the rest of your troops to get into position as well. And then when they crush into some cocky chariot or a group of 2+ armor saves, it's jus beautiful to watch them crumble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Wheres the option that says 2 stegadons and a carnosaur old blood who has 9 attacks? I want to charge all three at the same unit just for fun one day

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C/-Rt3r View Post
    Wheres the option that says 2 stegadons and a carnosaur old blood who has 9 attacks? I want to charge all three at the same unit just for fun one day
    That would be sort of like landing 2 comets on a unit in the same turn as two groups of 3 salamander packs light it up and it takes 48 skinks worth of poison blowpipes at short range. Yes it would be AWESOME!!! But at the same time it's a good idea to keep the poll at least kind of realistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Hows that not realistic...i intend to do it. :shifty:

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you do, get a pic, not of the battle, but of your opponents face. I know that if I got charged by, say four groups of cold one knights by darkelves, I would have a less severe reaction than getting trampled by DINOSAURS not to mention 3 seperate terror tests.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast