kitting scar-vets in a 1000pt game - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kitting scar-vets in a 1000pt game

ok i've pretty much decided for my first batch o' lizards i'm doing the battalion, 3 krox, and a scar vet on a cold one, and scar-vet on foot. the foot slogging vet will take the jaguar thingy for uber speed.

so i figured i'd kit one scar vet for killing infantry and one for killing heros/characters. which one should fill which role? does it matter?

in my theoretical list i initially gave my footslogging vet the jaguar warrior charm, glyph necklace for a ward save, light armor, shield, great weapon, quetzl and topek. he's spendy, but has a pretty beefy armor save, a ward save, and the topek dispell action. i thought perhaps this wouldn't be shabby for taking on a hero?

then for the cold one riding vet i gave him the scimmy of sun resplendant, light armor, shield, itzl and sotek for 7 attacks on the charge for infantry killin'.

oh and who should i make general, and should i drop the shield on the cold one vet for a standard or no?

again this is PURELY my ZERO experience guesswork, so a heaping spoonful of reality and advice would be awesome! thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my foot slogging vet has the jaguar charm, a GW, Light armour, and the Quetzl spawn for a 3+ save.

my mounted lord (for 2k games) has Light armor, pirahna blade, maiming shield, and aura of quetzl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd make the Scar-Vet on the cold one your army general, as he'll probably stay closer to your main core of troops to take on enemy block units. it can be easy for your Jaguar Scar-Vet to be picked off by enemy shooting or flying, although he can dish huge damage if used correctly. but even so, his general leadership wont do much good when he's off on his own!

the equipment you've given them looks pretty good, its similar to what i usually bring.

one thing that i've done in lower-point games, where you want a combat-oriented general and can't afford a second scar-vet, is to use a skink chief as an assassin. give it a second hand weapon, sotek, cape of feathers, and poisoned attacks, and you've got a 20 inch charge, 5 strength 4 poisoned attacks for a reasonable price! great for taking out war machine crews on cannons, mortars, etc.
    Last edited by lone_wolf189; July 9th, 2007 at 06:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice. i did realize that having 2 scar vets as tooled up as i have them ate up a lot of my 1000 pts. so i may go with the option of the jaguar footslogger with the skink chief assassin dude. oh and how do you give the skink chief the cape AND poison attacks? it appears i can't give him both the cape of feathers and the frog venom thingy?

also as far as actually modeling them, how do you manage WYSIWYG with all this custom stuff? it looks like they put some staff thing on the cape of feathers skink chief model, is it easy to swap out stuff?
    Last edited by trojandrew; July 9th, 2007 at 07:55.

+ Reply to Thread