bound magic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bound magic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bound magic

I looked in the LM book and saw 2 bound spell items thinking to myself alright!until i saw power level 5 and wonder what is the use of one use bound items at such a low power level the main prob being that i play against magic heavy high elves. So what i want to know is really what can i use these for? Especially against HE with +1 to dispel. Got any ideas, boundless crowd of LO?

Last edited by Cyric the Mad; July 20th, 2007 at 08:03.
    1:find what makes him tick
    2:stop the ticking

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bound spells can be used in one of two ways:

1) Drain your opponent's dispel pool. By using 'throwaway' spells first, you force your opponent to decide whether to use a dispel die to counter your bound spell, or whether to save if for later spells.
    2) Two (potentially) free spells. If your opponent uses up all his dispel dice in cancelling your regular, mage-cast spells, then the two bound spells will go off without a hitch.

With those things in mind, you should probably only use bound spells if you already have mages in your army. Bound spells w/o mages (or w/only one) is just asking for both to get dispelled.

Hope that helps,
    Bad Hat Harry

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by skink_priest View Post
    I looked in the LM book and saw 2 bound spell items thinking to myself alright!until i saw power level 5 and wonder what is the use of one use bound items at such a low power level the main prob being that i play against magic heavy high elves. So what i want to know is really what can i use these for?Especialy against HE with +1 to dispel.got any ideas?boundless crowd of LO
    A bound spell with a power level of 5 is really nothing to sneeze at - as far as bound spells go, that's a respectable power level. At the very least, it will make your opponent throw more than a single dice to dispell it.

Aside from that, BadHatHarry has made some good points regarding the use of bound spells.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Items like the blood statue of spite can provide a nasty surprise for your opponent. It can be used for luring out those dispel dice as there is a reasonable chance it will kill a hero level character of t3.

Also it can be great for actually do that job, if your opponent is out of dispel dice then you can spring it on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider the fact that most bound level items are only at level 3. Now look at what our stuff actually does.

Blood stature of spite is evil. Especially if used against undead. (I don't normally use it, but there are tons of ways in which one could).

I never leave without the rod of storm. 2d6 wounds + panic check if any wounds are taken is nice. I even got a unit of dwarves to panic with that once. They took one wound, and had to check for panic.

Don't be so ready to shoot down our army just because you wish that we had different stuff. Remember, for the most part, WHFB is pretty well balanced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BluPlague View Post
    Consider the fact that most bound level items are only at level 3. Now look at what our stuff actually does.

Blood stature of spite is evil. Especially if used against undead. (I don't normally use it, but there are tons of ways in which one could).

I never leave without the rod of storm. 2d6 wounds + panic check if any wounds are taken is nice. I even got a unit of dwarves to panic with that once. They took one wound, and had to check for panic.

Don't be so ready to shoot down our army just because you wish that we had different stuff. Remember, for the most part, WHFB is pretty well balanced.
    Dont get me wrong on shooting down the lizys my favorite army! i was just hoping to get insight on items ive never used before. More importantly i got the insight i needed so i thank all of you for your time
    Last edited by skink_priest; July 24th, 2007 at 02:20.
    1:find what makes him tick
    2:stop the ticking

+ Reply to Thread