Saurus Oldblood - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saurus Oldblood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saurus Oldblood

Hey guys, i am building a 2000 point army and have 55 points left to spend on my Saurus Oldblood and was wondering if anyone could help me decide what to take.

Everyone is welcome to put their input in:w00t:

Last edited by Dellul; July 21st, 2007 at 02:39.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

What are some ideas you have? Post those, and people can comment.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dellul View Post
    Hey guys, i am building a 2000 point army and have 55 points left to spend on my Saurus Oldblood and was wondering if anyone could help me decide what to take.

Everyone is welcome to put their input in:w00t:
    Well i was thinking of blessed spawing of sotek, sword of battle, and enchanted shield.

For the 55 points i would like more attacks and more protection for my oldblood.

Please comment!!:w00t:
    Last edited by DavidWC09; July 21st, 2007 at 13:57. Reason: eek! point costs! squash them!

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Personally I'd pick the Sword of the Hornet or the Burning Blade of Chotec over the Sword of Battle. Better bonuses IMO as your Old Blood already has 6 attacks.

If you're looking for better defense, then take the Sword of the Hornet. In this case it proves the point that the best defense is a good offense. Striking first all the time with 6 attacks will let your Old Blood put a rather large dent in the front rank of the enemy and quite possibly prevent any attacks back in return.

If you want him to be able to perform as a can opener for tin can knights then the Burning Blade of Chotec effectively causes your attacks to come at S7, which is pretty good for the cost and would probably do more damage against heavy enemies than an extra attack would.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

If he's your general then you will be wanting to look at a ward save I think. A stone thrower to his head is no fun at all

Lizardmen characters have an edge over most other characters in that they don't really need a great amount of equipment. They already pack a punch most other races spend vast numbers of points to achieve. An oldblood with light armour, shield and the aura of quetzl would still be a sound choice. A 2+ save in combat with a 4+ ward against strength 5 or higher and still hits with 5 strength 5 attacks. A puny elf would kill to have a set up like that!

Ciao

Stonehambey

+ Reply to Thread