Lizardman Themed Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Lizardman Themed Force

hi guys
    im starting lizardmen and have a themed force idea here it is

ok the small force is travelling to retrieve the body of a 1st Generation Slann to return to their temple city. the force will include the usual saurus and skinks and coldone. i will add i few more kroxigor maybe up to 6 and a unit of temple guard to accompany the corpse once they retrieve it (i will be using lord kroaks rules for it) plus the usual force bits
    the colour scheme will be a dark blue for the skin and a rich dark red for the scales and bright metallics. the oldblood will most probably be converted to have a skull armour of some sort to show that it was once a temple guard and is now leading the force to retreive the corpse.
    any extra ideas from you guys?

Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

What army size are you making. Anything 2k or under and your going to have a very small force if your using Lord Kroak. Lord Kroak and a unit of temple guard will be roughly 75% of your army. So you might want to think about using a normal Slann instead. I've seen Kroak played at 2000 points, and unless you know both armies pretty much inside and out, your going to have a very hard time being competitive with him at this points level. Also fluff-wise, I'm not 100% sure, but I highly doubt that anyone but the Lizardmen would be in posession of a 1st-Gen Slann's body.

If your going to go through with the Kroak idea...your going to want to have skinks since they are cheap bodies, a unit of Saurus, not temple guard to stick Kroak in (if its 2k) because of points (or leave Kroak outside of a unit). Also, I would avoid anything expensive like the Krox or Saurus Cav since you really need bodies, not elite troops. Also, some skink priests to help with magic would be good as well, given Kroak's ability to use them to cast through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

yeah im gonna use kroak later on once ive gained to a reasonable points level like maybe 2000-2500pts
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

ok ive written some fluff now
    heres a link to it
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-new-post.html
    any commenst on it are great
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    Thrallstudios

+ Reply to Thread