Librarium Online Forums banner

LO Awards 2013

12K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Ipshank 
#1 ·
It has been a while, and this is later than usual. However, it is a tradition! So, below you will find the details.

That time of year has come once more. Our annual awards. For the new comers I shall explain. This is your chance - yes, everyone's - to have a little say and vote on the members and threads that have been active this year and give them an award for being them/awesome.

The awards will be open for three weeks, the first two weeks will be for nominating and the last one for actual votes. So, without further delay.

To enter, you may nominate up to three members per category, this may include yourself. Please make your nominations and category clear by using either bold and/or underline - if they are not, they shall be ignored.

Please post your nominations in this thread.

After a specific period I shall then collect the names, and create a series of polls, which members are allowed to vote for who they desire to collect said award. Clear as mud, no?

If you have questions/queries etc, then either PM me or post in this thread.

You have two weeks for your nominations. Following that this thread will be closed for nominations and instead a number of polls will be set up with the entries, you may then vote for whomever you choose.

The categories are as follows:

-Best Overall Member
-Funniest Member
-Screw loose Award
-Most Helpful Member
-Best Writer
-Best Artist
-Best RPG’er
-Painting Master
-Conversion Master
-Fluff Know it all
-Spam Master
-Services to LO Award.
-Hardest Mod
-Nicest Mod
-Best Sig (Graphical)
-Best Sig (Quote)
-Best Avatar
-Best gaming topic - Please include the original poster's name
-Best non-gaming topic - Please include the original poster's name
-Funniest non-gaming topic - Please include the original poster's name

See less See more
#2 ·
Ha! A great way to start the new year!
While it's allowed it feels weird for me to just put my name anywhere so I'm not doing that, besides, there are more than enough spammers worse than I am. :messed:
So, here's my 5p, not entirely sure if needed but I've added my motivation where/if applicable.

Best Overall Member
King Ulrik Flamebeard
Captain Sarathai
Lord Borak
I feel these three do a lot for the entire community, some stuff in plain sight and other things behind the scene.

Screw Loose Award
JvK For being himself
Borak Following the Chaos gods and all that.

Most Helpful Member
Captain Sarathai Again, he helps out where/how he can, takes the time to often write long posts with well written explanations, links and motivations.
Number6 When it comes to strategy and tactics in 40k this guy (assuming he's a he.) is one of the best on LO, tries to help the best he can though sometimes he's a bit clumsy with his choice of words. But that's a different thread :p

Best Writer
Captain SarathaiNo he's not paying me or anything His Nippon armybook, really, how can one not nominate him with that on his résumé?
Captain Corrigan Afraid he's not around much lately, but his work is still some of the best in the Arts&Literature section.

Painting Master
odinsgrandson Regularly posts in the painting section and often with 'non standard' mini's which is a refreshing change form all the GW stuff, all his work is on a high quality level.
The_Blackadder Those 'coackroach' Tyranids!
Mike Mee His black/white Tau and purple Adeptus Sororitas are amongst my favourite stuff on LO.

Conversion Master
Lord Borak His work with greenstuff pleases the Chaos God he serves.
Kai-Itza Fleshmetal behemoth, just look at his plog!
The_Blackadder His Scratchbuild titans are works of art, so much tiny, tiny detail in those huge things!

Fluff Know It All
Captain SarathaiLike I said, I see him a lot in fluff threads, with useful input in both 40K and Fantasy Battle.
Lately the 40K section is a bit empty I'm afraid, can't come up with more names.

Services to LO Award.
King Ulrik Flamebeard For his (successful) efforts to keep Karak-LO running, and his beard.

Nicest Mod
Jared Van Kell There's a nice guy hidden in that whirlwind of insanity.

This is my list so far, given it my best and I wish I could submit four or five nominees at times. Yes, I'm a horrible judge.

#3 ·
I think Idomisei has already covered most of my nominees. There are a few that I can add (those 4th or 5th guys you wanted to add in Idom). Unfortunately, I don't play 40k that much, so I don't know that particular section of the boards that well.

Most Helpful Member
Lord Borak
I've got to say, if there's a person here on LO that I'd consider a true friend, it's got to be Borak. He'll be grabbing my vote for 'Best Overall', but I wanted to nominate him here as well, because it's not just about tactics or fluff or hobbying (all of which he's got under his belt), Borak has almost always offered to help me acquire models and bitz, sometimes going out of his way to do so. I haven't taken him up on the offer, but the simple fact that the offer was there rates him as a pretty helpful guy to have around.

Painting Master
FurbyBaller
The guy painted 10k pts of High Elves plus other minis in the amount of time that it takes most people to do their ToXG submissions. And all of them are to a minblowingly high standard. Seriously guys, check out his project log. Also, if I could nominate him for 'Best General' or something along those lines, I'd give him a medal for that too (he's have to fight Pinkus and Anti for it, which I believe he'll be doing at the US Masters here shortly)

Services to LO Award
The entire Warriors of Chaos Section
I know I can't do that really, but I've said it before and I'll keep saying it - that section hosts one of the best groups of gamers on the web right now. While other armies might have their own specific forums, the WoC section here at LO is still considered the place to go for Warriors players.

#4 · (Edited)
Nicest Mod
Jared Van Kell

Screw Loose Award

JvK
Borak
Idomisei

Spam master
Myself: yeah...my posting over a year was ridiculous

Most helpful member
Polaria: Always has given helpful and relevant advice, good on you sir

Best Artist
The_Blackadder: Wasn't sure if what he does counts as converting as such so putting him up as an artist

Best Writer
Captain Corrigan

Best Sig (Graphical)
Warlord Vrrmik

#5 ·
- Best Gaming Topic:
"Conversions to the End Times" by Captainsarathai

It's a bit older maybe, but i go there often to get inspired.

- Conversion Master:
Lord Borak

His Snotling Pump Locowagon ought to be for sale.

#6 · (Edited)
Best Sig (Quote)
- MisterSip
- Idomisei
- zoinkboy

Funniest non-gaming topic
- Games Ban the person who posted before you!
Started by KrackShott‎, January 31st, 2011 03:20

Best Avatar
- Vanish
- Jared van Kell
- Immortal Scrub

These are my nominations, in addition to the previous posters nominations.

#7 ·
Right, so... a little late :moneymouth: Sorry about that, my life is very up in the air at the moment. But I have now gotten the threads up. There is eight ( 8 ) to vote. You will notice that some of the awards are missing, despite having nominees. That is basically because, there was one. So, no need for a thread there. ;)

I do have one Caveat, I know that the Captain voted for the 'Fantasy Chaos Board', but I cannot realistically give an award to everyone who visits. It just isn't viable, sorry. It might seem that I am claiming the award for myself, but sorry I can't give the award to everyone! However, if you can identify three of the 'best members' for Chaos, I will happily give them the award each as representative for the forum. As a compromise. :)

#8 ·
Kuffy, I was joking about giving an award to the entire Chaos board, or even the best 3. WoC is certainly the living-room for several of the guys I would hand that award to, but I'm not about to pick three, and already understood that you weren't going to just pin medals on a whole section (pin the medal on the section, somehow? -again, I keeed, I keed).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.