Making a meganob - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making a meganob

Needed a little break from the Stompa so I sat down and peered through the codex wondering what to add to my force. Combined with some browsing I landed on two things. A warboss and nobs, all in mega armour! Now I know that many feel that meganobs are a waste but I like their look, they fit into my theme and there`s few of them for a buckeload of points (in an orky world).

So my aim is making 9 meganobs, where 3 of them will have kombi skorcha and a warboss in mega armour. The best part about this is that I have all the parts I need, a box full of leftovers from my plasticard and bitz & pieces as well as the ork bodies I need.

Here`s what I`ve got so far, loosely based on Drabber`s template on making mega-armour:

Added a standard mega.nob for scale reference. Mine is a bit taller, but a lot of his size comes from the pose. I want to do something more to this units bases as well so the theme will be "mowing through a tactical squad".

I`d like to remind that this is just the main build, rivets, cables, hydraulics/pistons and more will come

For the next one I`ll do a bit more of a stage-by-stage posts. I just didn`t bother with this one since I needed to see that it would work.

C&C please.

R

Team Anarchy, gaming community (in norwegian).
    The Underhive, Necromunda forum!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

nice work so far, I'm currently building a ghazkull thraka/warboss in mega armor for my ork army to even up their points against my chaos army. make sure you keep us updated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers mate!

Sounds cool, my warboss will have alot of defiler pieces so he`ll be a large one.

Sure thing. I`ll finish this one except paintjob. Then I`ll make 4 in one go, step by step as promised.

R

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

well good luck for it, I was too lazy so I bought all my meganobs, but they cant be that hard to make with a little pistons and card. the best thing about an ork army is it doesn't have to be perfectly straight, and in fact its sort of encouraged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it`s not difficult but it`s fiddly work since the parts are very small. I would say that it can`t look to straight as you`d lose the orky look immediately if it looks picture perfect. That`s my opninon at least

Cheers! I like a challenge, I do this mainly for the hobby aspect of it, gaming is just a really nice bonus.

R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x1)

Red Skullz this awsome work8X. Keep it up. You lose GW.

-Dwayne
    CHK CHK BOOM!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

GW always loses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

The model certainly looks promising, just adding some small details to it and you might even end with a better looking model than the GW version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once the main build was in place and dry it was a breeze detailing it. Here`s how things are looking so far:

I`m quite happy at this stage. Primarily the legs and back as well as some minor greenstuffing needed and I can call it done. This has really encouraged me since making the next 8 will go a lot faster.

@all:
    Thanks guys!

R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well here he is, more or less completed on the detailing:

Pretty jampacked with details, but I tried to squeese in as many as I could. Here`s also a pic for scale reference:

Since I`m away all week due to work I won`t be able to do anything until next weekend. But please, do add some comments eh?

R