werewolf miniature?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

werewolf miniature?!

Hi guys,

i've been working on my fledgling beasts of chaos army's background recently and its probably going to be tied to hating vampires, and fighting them often. As such, i'd love to include a werewolf!!

i could either use a unit of them as minotaurs, or a single smaller one as a wargor.

I've looked and looked and I can't seem to find a decent miniature for one, does anyone have any ideas? I don't particularly want to have to convert the werewolf that impact miniatures makes for bloodbowl - they're not nasty and agressive like i really envisaged!

thanks in advance, Waddy.

'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Have you looked at Reaper's selection lately??

(^^^Lots of links.)
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

At my last tournament there was a vampire counts army with a vampire but werewolf modal it was very cool he used the Beorg Bearstruck modal CoolMiniOrNot - BEORG BEARSTRUCK. by PAINTONY and Just converted a goblin riders wolf head on to it, It was nicely done and That modal has been cool to see.

Edit: i managed to get a picture of him but not a very close up one sorry.
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...HPIM1461-1.jpg

Hope that helps you decide abit more.
    Last edited by Morden; June 15th, 2009 at 02:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Privateer press do some beautiful Warpwolf models:

Warbeasts | Privateer Press

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

There are a few "official" GW models for Werewolves. For example, there is the Wilhelm Cheney Bloodbowl star player, there is of course Beorg the Bearstruck, and a couple of others which are long OOp so probably going to be difficult to source. If you don't mind using non GW models (and hence cannot use them in store, or in official tourneys) then the Rackham "Wolfen" models are great

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

hmm

all very good suggestions!

I especially liked the warpwolf from privateer press (although i should do for that price!)

I saw one on ebay last night, hefting two axes and looking kinda vicious, but it was a resin model? i'm not sure whether that complicates sticking the pieces together and painting it or not (never worked with resin!)
    the link is here: Champion Lycanthrope Werewolf By Fenryll on eBay, also Fantasy, Warhammer, Wargames Role-Playing, Toys Games (end time 08-Jul-09 05:539 BST)

The only thing holding me back from that warpwolf is the fact that all of those companies mentioned are based in the US, and shipping to the UK ontop of an already expensive miniature get kinda ridiculous when i'm only getting it for fluff reasons...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

ooo

(sorry kithre, i was writing my post while you posted yours so i didn't read it till just now!)

That Beorg model is actually quite okay, I mean its not qute as snarly and agressive as i might have liked, but buying the entire regiment of reknown and then just using them as a rare unit in my beasts army might be a really cool idea

(rules clarification needed before i go spending loads of money - can i use the bearmen of ursolo and beorg in a beasts of chaos army??)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Warpwolves are very available in the UK - I play Warmachine here If you live in London, I know a few places - you'd have to do some googling to find out your nearest store outside of London, though. Of course there's always eBay as well!

As for using DoW with Beast of Chaos - probably. But I don't know, I don't even know if DoW are still legal.

EDIT: Resin is.. alright. You're going to want to work with it in a well ventilated space, possibly with a dust mask on, as it's really bad to breathe it in (cancerous). It sticks really easily with Superglue, and is plastic-like to paint, but if you drop it it will shatter, not just snap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

The Bearmen could also be a useful "Marauders" unit proxy instead of the DoW regiment, perhaps led by an appropriately gifted champion...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by kithre View Post
    The Bearmen could also be a useful "Marauders" unit proxy instead of the DoW regiment, perhaps led by an appropriately gifted champion...

what do you mean by this? I was thinking that you could use the regiment of reknown like any other dogs of war unit as a rare choice?

also... being an idiot i can't for the life of me think what DoW means... i've just got dawn of war stuck in my head lol.

(one more thing - rep given for the resin reply, as well as regarding the warpwolf thing. very informative )