Blackadder's attempt to build the BOLS Warlord Titan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Blackadder's attempt to build the BOLS Warlord Titan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x7)

Blackadder's attempt to build the BOLS Warlord Titan

Since my Warhound titan is ostensibly complete

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-titan-25.html (Blackadder's Lucius Pattern Warhound Titan)

I figure I'll have a go at the BOLS Warlord Titan so ably constructed by Dave Smith.

This is a seriously complex model and as I have little to go on except for the following images it will be even a more daunting task than Lucie.

To refresh your memory here are the images I have of the Dave Smith model:

And so it begins,

The Blackadder

Attached Images
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish you luck with this project, in all honesty that is probably going to be harder that mine simply because of the model itself. I've only got artwork and an old Epic model to make mine by, but you've got artwork and models.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x7)

I'm guessing 28.0 inches is a pretty good height for a Warlord after all judging by most of the images I've found on the web. This one seems to be a good representative of the consensus of opinion:
    Attached Images
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x7)

Not much to show for the first weekend's work. The dirty little secret is I built the toes too big and had to cut them down. That and installing windows in the side of my house ate up a lot of time. On the plus side these feet assemblies are very strong:

Don't let the moulded bead put you off I will skin the foot pad with thin styrene.

He'd better finish this one,

The Blackadder
    Attached Images
    Last edited by The_Blackadder; July 11th, 2010 at 20:40.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x7)

The second weeks work:
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x7)

Wow almost a month has go by since I started this thread; talk about dragging one's feet (groan).

At any rate I assembled the basic foot shape and they look okay to me so today I started on the lower legs. Mind you This is just a prototype dry run to see if the proportions are correct. If they are so much the better and they will become the basic structure for the styrene skin and appropriate gewgaws and bells and whistles. If not I may be able to salvage the work with layers of styrene which will serve to strengthen what is already a sturdy construct.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x7)

Man I've come a long way today and here are the pictures to prove it. As I suspected this will be an easy model to build as the joints are large and easy to assemble. I am going to use steel bolts and nuts for the axles on the joints. To re-pose the model will be as simple a loosening the bolts posing and re-tightening the bolts. This will be necessary as the model will probably weigh quite a bit when finished. Anyway here are the legs tack glued together just for scale and Lucie standing by likewise.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

I'll be following your work closely. This is a big project and I wish you luck.
    considering your earlier work I'd say you have very good chances of pulling this off with very good results.
    Brave man indeed.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the idea, and the first few pics you have got are showing some good work appearing. Also, seeing your Warhound titan, i have no doubt you will achieve your goal with little problem, while making a stunning model in the process.

I will be constantly watching this thread, to see how this progresses.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Another titan? You just don't know when to stop, do you Mr Blackadder?

Should be another epic adventure into plasticard land, so I too may come along for the ride. It's already looking pretty big and you've only just started - the best of luck to you!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?