Space Marine out of armor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marine out of armor

What pieces would you use to make a Space Marine out of armor? I know I'd have to use GS for the robes, but what would I use for the model?

Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I would probably use an imperial guardsman as a base, Probably just paint it in such a way to appear more muscular?

Some of the catachan models would make a good base (as they look bigger built than your typical guardsmen).

Otherwise i'm not really sure what you could use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting question, I agree Catachan seem to be the largest strongest looking human models you can buy, I would suggest them. What would this be for?
    Psychic-Construct of the Codex necromancers design team
    Books of the Imperium;
    29. Thou shalt not use they bolter to kill bees.
    74. Thy shalt not tip the Terminators over during battle.
    Codex Necromancers:
    http://www.freewebs.com/fortyk/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanted to stay within the 40K models, the catachans woudl be a good place to start. However, you must remember that SM are "genetically altered super humans." (to paraphrase the GW line). By all accounts, if the average male IG is 6'0", then the average SM is 6'6" to 6'8". At least thats the impression I got after reading the Index Astartes I-IV. I would suggest taking a look at somthing alittle larger than IG Catachans, Perhaps something from the Warhammer lines of Chaos Marauders with modified head or somthing. Unfortunitely, I can't really recall any truely beefy man type models that would be absolutely perfect. GOod luck tho!
    ~Peace only comes through superior firepower. Now Reload Dammit!
    ~Fight smarter, not harder!
    "Hold your fire until you see the whites of their eyes!...Oh screw it! It's not like these lowest bid lasguns are going to do anything anyway. Open Fire!" ~ Lt. Marcus Aurileus Cashain'tus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately for you most incredibly beefy guys get the biggest and best suit of armour available. What about Sly Marbo? http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...5143&orignav=9
    Psychic-Construct of the Codex necromancers design team
    Books of the Imperium;
    29. Thou shalt not use they bolter to kill bees.
    74. Thy shalt not tip the Terminators over during battle.
    Codex Necromancers:
    http://www.freewebs.com/fortyk/

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

If he is to wear a robe and you are to male it from Green Stuff, why are you looking for a model? All you need is a pair of hands, a bare SM head and some boots, robe the rest. Use boots from the SM scouts and any old hands you can find as they are all rather large.
    Make the torso and legs from GS and build them around a skeleton made of paperclip-metal.
    If you are skilled enough to make robes this would be no problems.
    Good luck and remember to be patient, let the GS dry and always use just a little at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres a background article on the creation of a space marine that has a picture of new marines before the armor is put on.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/initiation/2/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when they say that a space marine is usually around 6"8 or so, do they mean without armor or including? as i just compared a cadian mini to a space marine i had lying around, and they look pretty much the same height.. i think the miniatures dont really show the fluff well.. cos if you take into consideration the 'hypothetic' thickness of space marine armor, and then compare a space marine mini to an imperial guard, youd think that an armorless space marine would have to be like 5 feet tall beneath all that padding.. so i reckon using catachan parts would be fine for it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Of course the SM models and the IG models aren't true to the fluff. They guys who write fluff sit on one side of the building and the guys who sculpt models sit on the other side of the building. In order for them to communicate they must fill out a three page form 9186Z-A in triplicate and submit it to their manager for review. Then they are allowed to sit on either side of a double paned glass window and make gestures at each other to communicate their ideas while a guard sits watch to make sure they don't write stuff down or use morse code.

This ensures that no department in GW ever communicates with another department and is a good example of why the models don't match the fluff and the rules don't match the fluff and the models don't match the rules and the fluff doesn't match the fluff and the..... you begin to see the paradox here.

Now to answer your question, I would start with a Catachan body and then model robes onto it, and probably use a scout Head since the plastic scouts have SM heads that look truly convincing as Marines..... Jarheads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a head I'd use one of the existing helmetless marine heads. Cut away the "neck" and the back of the head (where there's usually some technical junk) and re-sculpt it.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

LinkBacks (?)