Spartan army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spartan army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spartan army

who has seen the movie 300, well I have and i am going to do a 10 man spartan army just for start. :yes:

I am using dire avenger helmets, catachan jungle figther arms, im making my own swords and shilds im using plain dire avenger torso which will be green stuffed, i just dont know what to do for the legs, any help will be much apperciated. so let me know what you think.

Ian M ON THE BATTLEFIELD THERE IS BUT ONE COMMAND MENT THOU SHALL KILL!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it would be more expensive, i suggest that you use the Helm ffromthe Mounted Lord of Slaanesh from the Fantasy range. Also, remember that the primary weapon of the hoplite was the spear. They only drew their swords if their spear was lost in battle, or the phalanx was broken. As for legs, there is a Dogs of War regiment that looks like greek hoplites, their legs would probably be suitable, i apologize for not having a link or even their name for that matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being done for fantasy in quite a few venue's...The problem you're going to encounter is the shields....getting appropriately sized shields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

In WD, there is a picture of spacemarines done as spartans. They were gold with spears. I don't remember what issue but its quite old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beleive it or not there is a skaven Standard thing that looks like a worn beaten sheild.
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing the same thing with my guys, I mwean I'm making some Spartans, so what I've done is taken a look at pictures of actual spartans and using stills and struff from the movie and other Spartan games and built a model with Green stuff. I am almost done with his legs (these are so hard to do), and I have a shield I made using an old skaven shield which I filed down and added green stuff to it to make it more Spartan-esque. I haven't made a spear yet but for the sword I'm modeling one after the Rohan Royal Guard's sword. For the head I filed down a High Elf Archer head and green stuffed the head to make it look like a Corinthian helmet (not sure whether I'm goin to add a crest or not). And for the arms I'm going to build with Green stuff (I don't like the Catchcan arms cause they are too bulky). For the torso, I took a classic HE spearman smoothed out his chest, covered it in green stuff and bulked it out to make it more muscular. and THats currently where I am. There is another company that has some Spartans coming out listed below are some of the models
    http://www.twfigurines.de/wargods/spartans.htm
    Once i get it finished it'll loko pretty cool but you know right now it looks messy. O and there is a little picture of some Space marine Spartans in WD 271 on Page 45.

So yeah thats what I have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's an old Dogs of War character who looks slightly spartan'ish, Lorenzo Lupo:
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...3001&orignav=9
    his shield might be good for some conversions:
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...3002&orignav=9

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Just out of interest what army list will use for them?
    And is a warhammer or 40k unit?

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

lol after i watched that movie i got some grey knights to use as allies for my guard. the closest thing to spartans i could find, the have halibiers, are s_, and ws _, and are just badass in close combat. didn't model them any different, just used the idea. but rules wise they'd be pretty close. them or striking scorpions of the eldar. - Stat postin' is bad, mmkay? - Firedrake28
    Last edited by Katie Drake; April 4th, 2007 at 02:21.

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Nobody seems to realize that the 300 Spartans had 700 troops from a neighboring city-state as allies... Spartan honor demanded the Spartans fight, but the allied troops didn't have any such thing- yet they fought and all died without retreating.

So take some Guard with 'em :shifty:
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.