Necrons Vs Eldar: tactics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necrons Vs Eldar: tactics

I always play against my friend who uses Eldar, and i always find that he smears the table with my Necrons. What gives me the most trouble is generally his farseer hanging out with his War Walkers, or his harliquins (with shadowseer) that i cant even shoot at. It's frustrating and I've only beaten him once.

Anyway, I'd like to see what kind of tactice other people have for taking down those long hated enemies of the Necrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get really cheesey. Bring in 2 monoliths, a C'tan, and a bunch of destroyers.

Make him cry.

So... if I gave some daemons a matte paint-job, would they be "Matte Daemons?"
    Necron Tactica: Flying Circus

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooliox View Post
    Get really cheesey. Bring in 2 monoliths, a C'tan, and a bunch of destroyers.

Make him cry.
    Make him cry, lol. Thats funny. I play against a player that uses 8 destroyers(only has that many). Your biggest mistake is the same thing that plenty have made in fantasy, too many points in BIG stuff. A farseer and retinue of walocks could pop both Monoliths by themselves. And will sustain minimal casualties. As for the destroyers, your REALLY minimizing your numbers, so that means that phase out happens that much faster. Your backbone actually comes more from your warriors and swarms. those two things can hinder most armies rather easily. Especially if the swarms start with moderate numbers. The C'tan, I can't say that they aren't worth their points, cause if the general uses them properly, they can be a lil devastating. But I think I would rather spend those points on lords instead.
    The next issue is whether or not the eldar player is using a fast army. If he is not, then look into a lord with the viel, and a monolith. speed up those warriors. lock stuff down that you know you can handle with them. Then support them with stuff like wraiths or whatnot. Look into dismantling the army a section at a time. Just remember, the Eldar play like a concert. If you can "Manage" to disrtupt their concert, then you are moving in the right direction. If not......then keep on trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    Make him cry, lol. Thats funny. I play against a player that uses 8 destroyers(only has that many). Your biggest mistake is the same thing that plenty have made in fantasy, too many points in BIG stuff. A farseer and retinue of walocks could pop both Monoliths by themselves. And will sustain minimal casualties. As for the destroyers, your REALLY minimizing your numbers, so that means that phase out happens that much faster. Your backbone actually comes more from your warriors and swarms. those two things can hinder most armies rather easily. Especially if the swarms start with moderate numbers. The C'tan, I can't say that they aren't worth their points, cause if the general uses them properly, they can be a lil devastating. But I think I would rather spend those points on lords instead.
    The next issue is whether or not the eldar player is using a fast army. If he is not, then look into a lord with the viel, and a monolith. speed up those warriors. lock stuff down that you know you can handle with them. Then support them with stuff like wraiths or whatnot. Look into dismantling the army a section at a time. Just remember, the Eldar play like a concert. If you can "Manage" to disrtupt their concert, then you are moving in the right direction. If not......then keep on trying.
    Good advice. I was just giving the general "cheese it" stratagem, seeing as we have been told nothing specific about the Eldar army he's facing...

So... if I gave some daemons a matte paint-job, would they be "Matte Daemons?"
    Necron Tactica: Flying Circus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I've had a problem with Eldar in the past but I've found a few things that helps to roll over them every game.

First. Is LOTS of Immortals, they can get way more shoots of at them and wounding them on a 2+ is priceless.

Second. Hug cover, Eldar can deny alot of armour saves so keep your guys behind cover.

Third. Is Monoliths tend too walk right over Eldar (Keep away from wraith guard or swooping hawks)

Fourth. This is the most important one, Eldar are a very specialized army and every unit has a very specific strength. The best way to counter this is to basicly lock in on a single part of his army; blow the freakin 'heck out of it and repeat each shooting phase you have is another nail in the coffin with this tactic.

Now my finale advice is to be careful with playing these tactics, I actually made a friend completely stop playing Eldar cause I beat him so many times ;? Like I felt bad how bad the punishment I could dish out to his army, I literally cringed whenever I had to shoot with my immortals. For once in my life I prayed to the dice gods for all 1's

Best wishes.