Converted Cryptek and Necron Lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Converted Cryptek and Necron Lord

Since I needed Crypteks and Lords for my Royal Court, I decided to build them out of other parts, as I wasn't prepared to pay £10 per model, especially for that finecast junk.

The Cryptek is made from a warrior body, a deathmark head, and the arms and weapon of a Praetorian. I also clipped some bits off the Rod of Covenant, so it didn't look exactly the same as one.

I may add a few bits of detailing to his shoulders, as I think he looks a little plain at the moment.

Next is a lord who is mostly just a Lychguard, but instead of a dispersion shield, he has an Orb of Resurrection, made from the only open hand in the Lychguard box and an Orb off the top of a warscythe.

I had considered making the lord out of a warrior body, so he didn't look too similar to a Lychguard, but I felt the warrior body was just too plain and not imposing enough for a Lord. They'd look smaller and less impressive than the Immortals they are to lead! So I thought it best to go with the Lychguard bodies instead.
    Hopefully once I've got them painted, they'll look sufficiently regal!

-TL

"Peace, through superior firepower."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I was thinking of doing the same thing, except I was going to use the torso of the Lychguard for my Crypteks instead of a Warrior torso. Your models look great, and good call on using the orb on the Warscythe for a res orb.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    696 (x8)

The Lord conversion is cool, but the Cryptek seems to be a bit simple. I'd say put some more extra bits from Lychguard/Praetorian set into the Cryptek to make it stand out better. I'd say give him one of the Praetorian tails and maybe that overextended Praetorian spine.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 13/2/2 (5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 2/3/0
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 9/3/1

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Thanks guys I'll have a play around with some extra bits for the Cryptek, he does need that little something 'extra' to make him stand out a bit.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

I'm going to use the Praetorian box set and mix and match to make some serious crypteks. For $33 I can easily make 5 crypteks with just having to get some deathmark heads. Piece of cake.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Looks great! I might suggest green stuff (or a cheaper alternative if you know where to get it) to make capes for them. I've looked at a few conversions to consider myself, and I agree the Crypteks look a little simple. My solution? Capes! A simple addition to make them stand out from the rank and file. I'll be doing that, and simply adding a cowl to one Cryptek for his Veil of Darkness.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    440 (x8)

I like them,but the staff on the cryptech looks a bit oversized.I would probably swap weapons wiith the lord.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have done the same Cryptek conversion but used the Praetorian tail and lychguard spine, I also used the lychguard loincloth so it looks similar to the released model. I agree, great conversion but just add a few bits and you got a superb model. The Lord version looks good as it is in my opinion.

Cheers
    (*'-')/