Feedback on a Website I am developing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    One Vision, One Purpose! X-Slash-X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Feedback on a Website I am developing

Hey guys.

I'm not sure where to post this, so I guess the whole "off-topic" scene is where to go.
    I am currently doing a course in Multimedia here in Australia, and as part of that, have decided to create a website. I figured it would be a good idea, considering the "Tale of Painters" event being held here soon. It would be the ideal place to keep a record of my army as it develops.

Anywho, heres my main page. It isn't quite complete yet, and none of the local links actually go anywhere, but its the main template my page will follow.

Sanctorium Forsakenum

Any comments and/or criticism?

X-Slash-X

----]00[-------]00[-------]00[----

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

it's nice, you haven't succumbed to the temptation to use black eveywhere. Give it a name (not untitled document ) and perhaps make the main logo ( .anktorum etcetrum:. ) a bit more snazzy, other than that, nice-uh!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Nice, did you use a wysiwyg software to make the page or code it yourself?

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

That's a very pleasant site you have there, good sir.
    I love the clean design, and the colours you've picked work really good.

What I'd like to recommend ,however, would be for you to move the left part of it a bit further out left giving more space for the things you've written -maybe you could fit it all into one screen -as it's a main-page and the links are already delivered the scrolling seems somewhat..old fashion.
    I also don't think it's a great idea to have the vertical lines going between your first and sirname. It makes it seem like if the part of your site is called "the Hall".

Final piece of (hopefully) constructive critisism is how you make it sound as if the Legio Forsaken-link is working while it's not...

Though, I must finish it all off with once again saying it's a very very nice site you've made, hope to see it grow and evolve

One Vision, One Purpose! X-Slash-X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

I mainly used Macromedia Dreamweaver, but most of the coding was done by myself, such as the random "Thought of the Day" down the bottom, as well as all the positioning of boxes, etc, using CSS.

I'll snazzy up the logo soon, as well as fix the "Untitled Document" thing.

Also. The text, while relevant to my site, is only there to fill the page at the moment. The links will work as I make the other pages.

By moving things left I will get more space, but what did you mean by scrolling? Vertical scrolling? Horizontal? What screen resolution are you using? I'm usually on a pretty high res, so maybe it looks different for 800X600 or 1024X768.0
    How about your web browser. I mainly use Firefox, so there is no horizontal scrollbar. I might shift it a bit to fix this.

EDIT: I've uploaded a newer version. I've shifted everything left. There are now no problems with Internet Explorer scrolling horizontally. I've fixed the "Untitled Document" to "Sanctorium Forsakenum", as well as making my name less aligned with the image bars.

Also, I have not modified the Logo/Title yet, as I am unsure what I should do to "snazz" it up. Any ideas?

X-Slash-X
    Last edited by X-Slash-X; September 26th, 2007 at 01:07.
    ----]00[-------]00[-------]00[----

+ Reply to Thread