Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Im So Proud!

880 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  BorninDarkness 
#1 ·
This might not seem like much topic material.
BUT!
I'm so immensely proud of my new IG army that i must tell someone.
I just finished playing my first ever battle with these guys (500 pts) against some Tyranids.
And i won!
That is seriously disturbed (and to think i killed most of his army off in close combat!)
Also i've got to say that Ratlings rock! These little buggers really saved my ass (killed off a Carnifex :lol: )
Also my Colonel really died heroically. He died taking down with him two Tyranid Warriors.

Ahhh.
Now im working on corrupting them into traitors. But it will be some time before i can let them go.

What is your most proudest moment in Warhammer?

#2 ·
Congrats with that! But exactly how did you kill most of them in close combat :blink: ??

My proudest moment, that's gonna be hard, either my first battle (where I completely wiped the floor with an IG army), or a battle where I destroyed several tanks.
Yes I know that sounds weird, but at that time, I really had the worst of luck when shooting at anything with an AV. Even chimeras were pretty safe in an area covered by several of my lascannons... I didn't hit often, and when I did manage to hit something I promptly rolled a 1 for armour penetration (double one if it was a meltagun at close range). I don't know how or why this was possible but during a long series of games I never managed to penetrate armour. No wait I'll have to admit, sometimes I'd score a glancing hit and roll a 4, this always happened only once on an enemy vehicle, and wasn't too useful as the most common enemy vehicle was a LR variant (with the most important weapon in the turret...).
And then, all of a sudden, in a single game, I penetrated a chimera (which led to a lot of cheering on my part), and destroyed the thing (which led to a lot more cheering on my part). A few minutes later, I fired a lascannon at a LR tank, hit (I might have cheered a little here), penetrated (which first led to a long silence and then a scream of triumph), and then rolled a 4 or 5 (again, a rather long period of silence, then looking at the dice, then the tank, then mu opponent, after which I basically went nuts).
So yeah that's my proudest moment :p .

#3 ·
my proudest moment has to be when my daemon prince single handedly destroyed basically an enitre dark eldar army by himself.
things that he took out:
archon(with shadow field)
9 incubi(including master)
atleast 30 warriors
2 raiders
plus a few other things here and there. axes of khorne are deadly if you kepp rolling 6's like i do.

another time was while playing against a friend i used banilla marines and he used tyranids it was a basic wipe the other army out game. in the end all i had left was a sergeant and he had a hiv tyrant with two wounds. it came with 12" i stood and rapid fired my pistol and wounded both times and he failed both saves! should have seen the look on his face when his hq fell to a bolt pistol.

#4 ·
Things i took out in close combat

3 Warriors
1 Zoanthrope
1 Termagant Brood (ok i fired my flamers before...but still)
2 Ripper swarms

And also i stripped a wound from a carnifex with a guardsman (i laughed so hard)

Plus the warriors were close combat monsters (WS 5, Str 5, T 4, I 5
and Sv 4+) And they were armed with death spitters (2 of 'em) and one with Venom cannon. Note, deathspitters are instant kill for guardsmen if they hit. Str 6 (double guardsman Toughness) and Ap 5 (Guard armor). And theyre blast weapons!

#7 ·
Actually I do have a proudest moment so far. A bloodthirster was on the board with one last wound. I was playing tau and he would have hit my lines in the next turn. The last thing I had to shoot with was my commander's gun drones. So I shot with both and one hit. Well it also wounded. He failed his armour save and that ignore the pain thingy. :D

#8 ·
But taking down those warriors and stripping that wound of the Carnifex meant that the following died: My armored fist squad(except my Chimera), one squad of Guardsmen, one sentinel and the Colonel and his retinue.

It was hard to get use to it that even though i lost all those models i still wasnt out if the game. All those models being removed off the table was abit disturbing since i normally only play a small chaos army.
We usually only play small battles. So i have around 11+ models, a lord and two five man squads and maybe something more. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.