Vulture or Valkyrie? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should I do?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy the Vulture and two sentinel powerlifters

4 30.77%
  • Buy the Valkyre and start adding stormtroopers to my army

3 23.08%
  • Screw the entire idea and rather buy more beer

5 38.46%
  • Wait a few months and buy them both

1 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vulture or Valkyrie?

I've been away from LO for a loooooong time, but recent developements in my avaliable time and interest for 40k has been respurred.
    So with the recent raise I got at work I thought it was about time for me to get back into the hobby with a kick.
    I really want to get something out of the ordinary for a standard 40k player.
    I am ofcourse considering spending some cash on Forge world.

I just love the design of the VTOL craft avaliable to the IG, but which do I choose!?

Ok here is the background.
    I'm currently expanding my valhallan army, they are based on my idea of a russian regiment based in the more tundra and swamp-ish part of Siberia. (That means no snow...)
    So in order to make my fluff fit more I though some aerial capability would be in order.

So what shall it be?

If I get the Vulture, then I'll also get two more sentinel powerlifters so I have a full squadron
    And in time I might also get a full squadron of Vultures...

If I get the Valkyre I'll obviously have more mobile infantery, but in order to make that work further I also need to incorporate stormtroopers in my army.

So get voting!
    And I would really appreciate some thought and opinions on how's, why's and what's.

Oh...and if anyone feels that this topic is placed in the wrong place... please move it.

OJJ

check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Well dragonslayero, it kinda depends on your play style. Essentially if you play to have your troops stay back more and shoot at range than probably the Vulture will be a good buy where the plane can come in and give a heavy artillery barrage to soften up targets for the troops.

However, the Valkyrie is very good, as you know, for getting troops in close. So, because of this if you play in a way to get troops up close quicker to rapid-fire like crazy than the Valkyrie is the way to go.

But, yeah, in my view buy which ever will fit your play style. You really don't want to buy a plane that kinda is "floating there" in the force and doesn't fit at all of how you plan to attack etc. But thats just my view

PS - Sexy Kendo pictures on devianart >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slight update:

I have been tempted!
    I got cash, and I saw some stuff I want today. I still belive I will go for the vulture/valkyre but I might also get me a plasma tv and/or a new Canon EOS 40D camera...

I really don't have a mind made for making decisions...

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

You need to get a camera.
    Like now. So I can actually see your Iron Warrior stuff I remember way back with you and BiD's arguments about IW armylists
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I actually have a decent camera, but at the moment I'm having problems creating a proper photo location.
    I have access to some studio lamps at work, but until they are released from the photo project I am doing there I can't being them home to do my own work.
    But I will as soon as they become avaliable, it might just be by christmas.

HEY!

+ Reply to Thread