Watchmen Movie - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen Movie

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Watchmen Movie

Am I the only one around here who thinks this may just be the coolest thing ever?

http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I'm thrilled for it, just hope it won't be messed up. There's a lot of potential to ruin something great here, but if it was good it'd be great.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

I was kind of weary of the idea a couple of years ago when Paramount had the deal - but now that they've got Zak Snyder running the show, I think it could be good. I'm really curious how they'll turn it into a movie-length story. I can think of plenty of spots to trim the story down, but even then there's still a ton of material.

The casting looks pretty good so far. This was one of my favorite books growing up, so I hope they at least leave the general story in tact.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

There's a lot of potential things to cut, to be sure...it would be neat so see everything, but I don't know that it can all fit and fit well. I mean, do you leave the pirate comic interludes in? They're one of my favorite things about Watchmen, but that seems like quite a task on film. I tend to believe the film will stick to the basic story of the film, which isn't a bad thing, since Snyder is unusually faithful by Hollywood standards to his material (which I think is a huge bonus here).

Flipping through that site, I do love the cast selections though. Snyder's work shows love and attention towards his material, and the casting here really shows that affection.

So yeah, even though I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment, I've loved Watchmen for years and years, and am very excited.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

It would have been pretty cool as an HBO series I think. That way they could put everything in.

I get the feeling that they are making it into a movie just because that's what you do with books that sell well. It's pretty wierd when you think about it, you don't make songs or paintings into movies, so why do people think they can successfully capture a book in movie form? Particularly something as long and wierd as Watchmen. It just doesn't lend itself to being told in two hours I think, especially since heaps of the important bits of information are in old news reports and police files etc rather than "on screen".

Zak Snyder sounds like he's doing a good job though, so I'm interested to see what it's like.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

See, this is where I agree with Cyric, at least I think I do. Snyder directing Watchmen gives me hope. When I read some interviews with him a while back, when he was gunning to direct this, he was broadcasting on all frequencies about how much he loved the source material (which I would say was sincere since 300 was very much a love song to its source).

The amount of material in the book is what worries me, but it's been done before, with Lord of the Rings and such, so I hold my breath.

Tekore

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

The Watchmen was a fantastic graphic novel... I'm really hoping it turns out to be a good movie. You know, like V For Vendetta or 300, not League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

706 (x8)

Well, with the same writer as V and the same director as 300 I'm hoping we're on our way to a good final product. I may have to organize a full-scale rebellion if this movie is bad to the same degree that League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was bad *shudder*

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric the Mad View Post
    Well, with the same writer as V and the same director as 300 I'm hoping we're on our way to a good final product. I may have to organize a full-scale rebellion if this movie is bad to the same degree that League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was bad *shudder*
    The 300 director is fantastic, and I really hope he takes a similar approach to the Watchmen as he did with that movie. That is... stay as true to the graphic novel as he can. Any word on music composers signing on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

706 (x8)

IMDB says they've got Tyler Bates writing the music for it - same guy who did the music for 300.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast