Happy Anniversary…To Me! :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Happy Anniversary…To Me! :)

One year ago today I was sat in my room at University. First year, second term, and I was beginning to miss having models to paint and games to play.

So, I decided to turn to the internet. Warseer, The Warhammer Forum… I signed up to many online forums. But none quite came close to Librarium Online. Something about LO just felt right. I was made welcome, and soon found what I was looking for.

I didn’t lurk for long, but I did begin slowly with just a few posts in my first few weeks. And now, one year on, I have a post count of almost 2200. Probably more if you include the ones which don’t get counted.

The forums have seen many changes over the past year, at least 2 major reworks that I remember. The stat bars we had over summer were great, but a real pain for completionists like me! I got so close to 100% activity too…

The rep system I think is fantastic; it really gives the forum a great sense of community. We also have a great Profile and communication system. PMs are standard across many forums, but the Profiles we get here are something special I think.

And then, there is LO chat. This place is simply amazing. Over the summer I found myself on there almost every day, getting to know people, talking about the hobby (amongst other things; *cough* stab chat *cough*) and just generally being able to sit at home all day, chilling out, alone, but yet I wasn’t lonely at all.
    I guess this thread is just a quick thanks to everyone who has made my stay here so great, which means pretty much all of you!

Between them, my Tomb Kings, Beasts of Chaos, and Necrons have taken part in 4 Votewars, and 3 Arena of Deaths.
    I even had a chance to run one Votewar myself, which was hard work but nicely rewarding. There is so much potential and oppertunity here and im glad to be a part of it. Despite having insanely hectic real lives, many people on here work far harder than most realise for the benefit of others. And recently ive began to realise how much i enjoy helping people, with lists, tactics, advice or whatever else they need.

Mods, I’ve seen many come and a few leave, but you all do a fantastic job of keeping this place in shape. Keep up the good work.

Over the next few days ill be keeping an eye out to Rep people who I really want to thank more personally. This ‘Rep’ is not so much about the rep points or power or whatever that I give, please think of it more as a gesture of thanks. I’m not too great at speaches, so a little comment will have to do I’m afraid.

There are a few people I want to mention here though. I will likely miss someone from this list, so may be adding to it at some point.

Blackhat – Do I really need to explain myself here... Master of LO, enough said I think.

Karmoon – I’m happy and honoured to have made such a great friend, thanks mate.

Sparty – The first person I really got talking to on LO chat, i remember the Beast convos well.

Lil D and Meeshie – More recent additions to the Chatroom, you really liven the place up. Its good to have you. *hugs*

So yea, thats me done... for now. Heres to another fantastic year of LO! :drinking:

See you at the Meet. Thanks guys.

Deceiver / Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; February 19th, 2008 at 03:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Awww...

I am so overjoyed to have met you. And you have helped me out so much Decci. I cannot thank you enough for all the times you have helped me with lists and the time you sat there going through the rulebook with me. Am forever greatful for you.

Here is to many more years. I won't be going anywhere. And I gope you can teach me your ways, so that I can play as well as you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Thats a great Speech :p
    Don't mention me, *sulks and stabs deceiver in the knees*
    Hope you stay for many more years as I plan to.
    Last edited by Pickle; February 19th, 2008 at 03:07. Reason: Spelling
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy LO Anniversary Cheers to many more years to come! :drinking:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

And now, one year on, I have a post count of almost 2200.
    Spammer

Hope you stay around dece, but I mean, come on! An anniversery for yourself? Most people atleast have the decency to blackmail someone else into making them a birthday or anniversery thread so that it looks like they have friends. You, well, I suppose you just didn't think it through

Now when's that web mag coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Did you not read it Warrior? More of a thanks than a self celebration thread lol, now where would be the point into blackmailing someone into saying thanks for me?

As for the mag... that Real Life i spoke of has recently affected me too, Uni and all. May have to push the deadline back. Oh, and if i had article submissions to work with then that would be good too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

Good to have you here, Artist formerly known as Deceiver.

Tekore

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

You forgot to put:

"Cyric - The most awesome kind of awesome in this history of all things awesome"

But I forgive you. Happy anniversary, sir ;Y

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

You didn't mention me... and my crazy number of posts.. ;o You don't deserve this thread!

Heh, believe me when I say the years will start stacking up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Well then Happy Anniversary to you then ! Where is the whine ?
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast