Web Design? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Web Design?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Design?

Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for someone who can build a website for me (i will be paying, of course). I am starting up my own independant stockist, so i need a website an online shop. I have spoken to numerous web designers so far, and every single one of them has said they arent skilled enough when i say that i need a shopping cart, checkout and payment part to it.

Thanks for your time,

K3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Depends how diffcult, I could try to. I only know basic stuff but know how to do it.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know how hard it is, as web design has always confused me

It has to have a catalogue area, with the ability to add items to a shopping cart, and then check out
    For Payment, it must have the options to pay with paypal or debit/credit cards. (Which must be secure - if i have to pay extra for some sort of security software, then so be it)

The order form needs space for a reference number, and comments, so that i can accomodate my customers as best as possible.

It must then send the order form to an inbox for me somewhere (either it goes to my email, or i login to the website control panel or whatever) There also needs to be a way for me to tell when the payment is complete so that i know when to dispatch it.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

There are plenty of professional online companies out there who will build a site for you.

But I would recommend having a go yourself, or at least attempting to learn something about web design and the processes involved. I say this for a number of reasons.

- It's always good to learn new skills. In a world where the internet plays such a large part, web skills are never a bad thing to know.

- It's fun! As well as your online store you might find yourself creating another site simply as a hobby.

- If something goes wrong then you will want to be able to sort it fast (since you're going to have paying customers). Relying completely on others to sort it isn't a good thing. It's always good if you know roughly how your site works so you can sort things faster (another reason to go to a professional company over some bloke on the net, they will be faster to respond if anything goes wrong or if you have any questions)

Here's a list of some online payment sources you might find helpful

35 Online Payment Services

good luck

+ Reply to Thread