Millitary/private School - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay my parents told me last night that they were looking into sending me to a millitary/private school. They say that I have an imput on the matter but who knows. They say it will help me get a better chance at getting seen by proscouts (baseball) because all the people at my high school that I would be going to are inbred and I wont get a fair shot because im not the coachs nephew or sleeping with his cusin like all the other kids on the team. So I was wondering if anyone here goes to a millitary type school and if so could I get some input. Do you like it/hate it is it better than normal such stuff like that
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really depends on your personality. I've never been, but if you've worked a job, almost full time, then you will know what it will be like (loosely) at a military school. I mean, when you go to a military school, the general overall difference is that the staff/teachers have more influence and direct control over your life. It's not like actual military where you are drilled constantly etc etc. Do you have a personality/mentality where you will make yourself do something, even if you don't like it that much (not necessarily hate it) but keep going until you've seen the end of what you're supposed to do? If so, then you will probably be fine. But, proscouts don't care whether or not you're the coaches favorite. Proscouts look for talent, and as their name implies, they "scout around" for those students doing well in an area. While your coach may even hate you, if you're the best player on the team and everyone else knows it, I'm sure a scout will get wind of it.
    "Can you put that in a memo and title it '***** I already know!'"
    ~Sarge

Church: "Ok, so we're agreed? You first!"
    Sarge: "Get on with it, Griff."
    Griff: "I'd just like everyone to know: that I suck."
    Church: "And?"
    Griff: "And that I'm a girl..."
    Church: "What else?"
    Griff: "And I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys."
    Sarge: "This has to be the best surrender of all time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well its sort of hard to be scouted when your only DHing(hitting) Because I play catcher. Im am very good at it, ive been scouted when I was 12 by Atlanta Braves and im going to a showcase. But the varsity coach his nephew plays catcher and the level JR or whatever grade's coach has just retierd and there getting a new coach and his nephew is a catcher. So as blood is thincker than water. I dont live in a city type area. I live on a mountain and in a country where there are 100 cows to every person. The familys who live here have been living here since pre civil war times, and everyone is everyones cusin. So I was forced to move here 4 years ago so I dont have the luck of being related to everyone.( well actually im glad im not related to any of them) Just for an example the vastity coach as I said his nphew is a catcher. His 1st year if high school 9th grade his nephew makes the varsity team as there catcher. The kid is good but I dont know if hes that good. And it is sort of odd, him being a 9th grader beating out 11th and 12th graders and his uncle being head coach. I dont know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on you mate! I'm currently employed in the armed forces, so my view on it might not be all that objective.

I don't know how the American military system works, well a bit but nothing about schools, but I'm guessing it might give you a lot of opportunities even if you don't get to be a pro baseball player or whatever. That's one thing life teaches you pretty quick, never bet everything on one card. I don't know you, or the American military system. What I do see is some 4000 recruits in to serve their conscription time (meaning they're not here by choice) coming in every year, and 99% of them have a very positive experience. It's all about attitude.

Good luck.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

dunno 'bout military..went to a private school for half a year once..it SUCKED..the ONLY good thing about was that all the sheltered rich blonde girls were REALLY easy..especially for a kid like me that had just spend the prvious few years living in a housing project,they bad boy image really works.Hell I'm not even a bad boy,i'm just lazy and have a smart mouth.I got into fights constantly there,all the rich kids instantly think they're better then you,and god forbid you refuse to go along with EVERYTHING they tell you..I'd go for the military one,and don't even THINK about religious schools,never in my life met a person who came out of a religious school mentaly unscarred

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I went to a private religious school. I don't think i have too much mental scars Edicius . The only thing that school impressed on me was that priests are human too. Before i went I was brought up to be nearly fearful of priests, a really speak when you are spoken too attitude. After finishing in that school i find priests a lot less imatating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to goto a public school then I moved so I now go to pivate it's okay but public is better. I'm only in middle school so i don't know about high school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never in my life met a person who came out of a religious school mentaly unscarred

I've gone to private religious school. I was a somewhat religious person then, but moreso now (after a period of aetheism mind you). It never scarred me Edicus, but you're right about the rich people. THEY scarred me.

As for my opinion on things. I still feel that if you have the right mentality for it, you should do the military school thing. Private school and military school are two seperate things, however. While military school may be a form of private school, the doctrines are completely different. Just keep that in mind.

But private school compared to that of public is very different. Private is much more rigorous in their teachings and assignments. You will come out (most likely) much more ahead than those of public schools. I hated the private school system b/c of all the rich bitch brats in it. However, military school SHOULD (in all hopes and liklihood) strip any "rich kids" of that snobby attitude.

At any rate...so yeah, best of luck to you
    "Can you put that in a memo and title it '***** I already know!'"
    ~Sarge

Church: "Ok, so we're agreed? You first!"
    Sarge: "Get on with it, Griff."
    Griff: "I'd just like everyone to know: that I suck."
    Church: "And?"
    Griff: "And that I'm a girl..."
    Church: "What else?"
    Griff: "And I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys."
    Sarge: "This has to be the best surrender of all time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing I think I would have a problem with is keeping my mouth shut. I tend to make a lot of "smart" comments and am more of the type to tell someone to go eff them selves if they dont like what I do. And I take it that millitary schools dont like that.
    And I have a tendancy to get into trouble, nothing sierious (usely) just sent to the office detention referals. But as I said its mainly becuase of making comments in class. Like today I spent 5th pierod in the office because my teacher asked me why im late ( im late for the class everyday because I have to go to my locker, and he asks me the same question everyday expecting a diffrent response)
    So he met me in the hall way and asked me why im late>so I say " The same exact reason ive been late everyday since the 1st day of school, you expecting something diffrent today"
    Thats the type of attitude, but thats only when someone makes me mad.
    I can keep my mouth shut if I have to, but things slip out and from what I understand these schools are big in disipline. Which wont be good for me. So baisicly its the choice of taking my chances of riding bench to a 2nd rate catcher for high school, or taking my chances with dissipline, uniforms and making new friends. ( dont have a problem with that ) So I dont know. Im going to go check out the school and then make my choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my cousin went to a military school, and from what he said you have more freedom then you think. The worst that will happen to you is probably they will make you march and make you keep your living quarters clean. I think youll be alright with the smart ass comments as long as you dont attract attention to yourself or your commanding officer might want to make an example of you. While going to either school wont exactly improve your chances as your parents imagine (you wait till college to attract more attention from the scouters) i would suggest going to the military school, you ll simply get more out of it than the private school and i think the scouters would rather find someone from a school that emphises physical fitness and cordination rather than a private school.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Closed Thread