Guitar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi pplz,
    the other day i got my first electric guitar (i'd being learning on acoustic)
    for an early b'day present

there i am:
    http://www.pbase.com/mike_lee/mikes_new_guitar

It's a Squire Strat! :lol:

Anyone else play?

and does anyone know how to get the intro and main riff of Thunderstruck sounding right?

I got a tab for it yesterday and i can sorta play it but its really hard, anyone know any tips or what im talking bout? :unsure:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Hey... That's a nice looking guitar you got yourself there!

My first electric guitar was also a Squire Strat. It's a good guitar to start off with!

Later on when you get more cash you can buy yourself a Fender or Ibanez. Some people prefer Gibson guitars (they are wonderful) but I have always been a Strat man.

Congrats man! Good luck with the music!
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a friend of mine has been playing guitar for years now, and he's got exactly the same guitar as you do...
    i'd like to learn to play the bass...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't got a single clue on how you play a guitar... but it kinda interests me a bit...
    Could even consider trying it...
    About your guitar, how much you pay for it?
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a guitar question,
    in the song from The White Stripes called Seven Nation army, does he use a bass guitar to do those low tunes? In the video he seems to use the same guitar all along (allthough you'd need two to do the chorus...).
    And are the members of the band brother and sister? husband and wife? divorced? caus they have the same last name...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He drops the "E" string down to the bass note. Lots of people do it.

For Thunderstruck, I'd recommend learning to do Hammer on's and Pull off's with an Electric before you try and tackle that one.

I'll give you the tab for it anyways though. It's all on the high E string.

E|--h4p0--h7p0--h4p0--h7p0--

And just repeat that.

Eventually it goes to some stuff down on the 12th fret, but figure that out after you get that down pat.

Oh, by the way. I play guitar.

I play on a Gibson SG replica. I'm too cheap to spring for a real gibson and am perfectly happy with my guitar. She treats me well.

If you're into AC/DC learn to play Hells Bells.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Originally posted by Aristotle Jones@Jul 1 2003, 21:19
    He drops the "E" string down to the bass note. Lots of people do it.
    Are you talking about drop D or what? If we're talking about that new (totally crap) song where the video is alotta triangles 'n stuff he definately does NOT use the guitar to produce that sound... They MUST have a bass player. Either that or he's using an octave pedal/footswitch.

Dropping a guitar to the low octave of E is simply impossible.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or its a seven string, or he just put on a bass string. And it is possible to get pretty much the same noise on a normal electric, my friend who plays has done it. I'll ask him what he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm like the only person I know who doesn't play guitar, 95% of my freinds play guitar or bass. But I'm not a total loss, I'm a percussion man ( insert drummer joke here ) 'cause I love slappin' my skins

maybe we could start up the LO band lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

That white stripes thing, i havent a clue about the bass guitar bit but i am a big fan of their music. Bought white blood cells first after listening to it at a friends and loving it. When i first bought Elephant i didn't think it was great but now i love it, its a real grower .
    About the sister/brother/husband/wife thing i dont think people really know. I was reading a review about one of their gigs and the reviewer said they had real chemistry on stage, so i took it from that they are husband/wife, but then i read that Jack was going out with that Rennee Zwellegaer one. (shes in that film jerry Maguire.)
    So basically i havent a clue :blink:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast