Do YOU Have A Significant Other? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do YOU Have A Significant Other?

Haven't seen this thread around, so I decided to make it.

Do YOU have a significant other? Girlfriend, wife, friend with benefits, boyfriend, fiance, whatever.

I don't. I don't have the time, and it really wouldn't be fair on her due to lack of mentioned lack of time. You must see your partner on average 3 days a week, and I only have 2 days a week for myself!

R U 0K!??!? BUHHHHST WUUUULFFFFF!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wife who grudgingly accepts my hobby.....as long as she doesnt find out how much I actually spend on it things will cruise along just fine.
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My girlfriend actually doesn't have any problem with the hobby. Many a night I'll be in the lounge painting a few figures while she watches her soaps. Also, her little lad is into it now and she's always grateful when I take him off her hands for a couple of hours for a game of 40k or a jaunt to GW
    Nurse by day, Haemonculus by night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Yes I have a fiance! She is somewhat into the hobby herself and joins me occasionally. We see each other very day and hardly are apart from each other. I spend a lot of time on here and painting miniatures while she is watching TV or playing her wii in the same room. I am making her a new model right now to be her general because she can't be bothered to sculpt stuff but she will paint an army in a day...
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Yes, yes I do. You know him as Karmoon. To me, he is smooushie-cheeks. <3

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

No I don't....because compared to me, everything else in this world is insignificant
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

I do! she is a great artist, so she helps me paint up my orks! It's one of our favorite past times, and since we've gotten hooked on watching star trek while painting minis (i wasn't a trekkie but i just started watching, it really is good!) but im up at college now, so we don't get to see each other very often, but we're doing alright! Next time i go down, she wants me to teach her how to play! im pretty excited! unless of course...she beats me....
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kerpal_g View Post
    Haven't seen this thread around, so I decided to make it.

Do YOU have a significant other? Girlfriend, wife, friend with benefits, boyfriend, fiance, whatever.

I don't. I don't have the time, and it really wouldn't be fair on her due to lack of mentioned lack of time. You must see your partner on average 3 days a week, and I only have 2 days a week for myself!
    There's a reason that people who play Warhammer and similar are looked down upon in social standings and are given he geek w/ no gf stereotype. It's our own fault, due to a small fraction of the community and things like this!

Strangely determined to live up to the stereotype and pass it on to others.

Think of it this way:
    if there was a forum dedicated to football, do you honestly think you'd see this thread there?

i will stay and fight Sealancer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

I just got married a month and a half ago. My wife went to my first RTT with me two weeks ago and loved watching me play. She isn't "into it" but bless her heart, she listens. Also she is my best critic when it comes to modeling too. Do your best to include your SO in this hobby, if only by having her around when you work on them. It means alot to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Not anymore unfortunately. I walked out after two and a half years - worst mistake of my life, and I pray everyday she'll take me back some day.

But while we were, she was incredibly supportive of the hobby, and would sometimes come to watch and such, it was great to have a supportive fan like that. I would recommend trying to be with someone who finds such things endearing, as it probably means they are ready to take you just as you are.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast