The Old Issue Of Violence And Video Games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicest...ire/3936597.stm

I apologise if this has already been brought up but my "search" feature isn't working.. recently i heard that the game "Manhunt" has been pulled from UK shelves because they've been linked to the murder of a 14 year old boy.

Another triumph for the mindless hordes of brain dead mutants that beleive they shouldn't be arsed with thinking for themselves."I killed my freind because a video game told me to".I swear it's people like these that make social Darwinism sound reasonable.All we need is morons like this kid polluting our gene pool and breeding future generations of morons so stupid they can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all fo rockstars games are very violent, gory, and centers for arguments over violence. almost all of the people who commit violent acts because "the game told them too" are under 18 and not mature enough, smart enough, sane enough, or secure enough to handel something like these games.

if sales people did their jobs and didnt sell mature rated games to immature teens and parents did their jobs and didnt let their homocidial child play these games none of this would have happened.
    A fool and his shoe are soon parted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if sales people did their jobs and didnt sell mature rated games to immature teens and parents did their jobs and didnt let their homocidial child play these games none of this would have happened.
    Maybe if parents did their jobs in the first place, and taught their children about violence its consenquences and how it doesnt solve anything, how the video games arent real and something like that would never happen in the real world, THEN none of this would have happened.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Aye I heard about this on the radio at work, he hunted down his friend in a park and killed him with a knife and axe IIRC.

Personally I don't think video games can make you violent, but many do. So what are they going to do? If they pull all computer games/film/books that have any violence in them do they think violence shall cese to exist? No.

KU

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

it was just a knife, he stabbed him in the chest and punctured the heart.
    If you ask me you would have to be pretty unhinged to be so affected by a computer game to actually kill someone- yet again the media has found a scapegoat to pin the blame on.
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What confuses me so much is that the Bible is filled with ultra-violence, rape, plundering, destruction of the world, yet these crazies forget that our society is built upon this "graphic violence" book which is deemed ok. Genocidal fire and brimstone is ok as long as it is in a religious text.

I personally love reading about fighting and screwing. That's why I am going to be a European History major.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally love reading about fighting and screwing. That's why I am going to be a European History major.
    and the world braces itself for the storm :lol:

Seriously though, children have been violent long before video games ever featured blood splatters. To say that violent video games are the source of young america's (and most other countries for that matter) vioient streak is like saying that there was no war or killing before the gun was invented.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd tell my kids that killing people was "uncool" and you'd get "made fun of it by society and school."
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Originally posted by Infrazael Draennonssraav@Jul 31 2004, 13:15
    I'd tell my kids that killing people was "uncool" and you'd get "made fun of it by society and school."
    [snapback]189777[/snapback]
    Or just tell them what happens when they get convicted and sent to prison for murder. "Y'see junior, there's this thing called sodomy..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's really the fault of the game...I mean, one idiot lunatic can't see the difference between a game and reality, but 99% of the people who play violent games DON'T go crazy and DON'T go kill people. People that go crazy after playing video games aren't the rule, they're the exception. They're just to immature to see the difference between a game and reality. For this murder you shouldn't blame a game, you should blame the murderer.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast