I would like to thank Windows Update for cutting a hole in my finger. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

I would like to thank Windows Update for cutting a hole in my finger.

Here I am building some IG Leman Russes and watching Carnivale, I'm cutting the little bits off the treads before gluing them on, then I look up. There, to my delight, is Windows Update trying to restart my computer, with 5 seconds left. I go to grab my mouse and the hobby knife slips out of one hand and gashes open my finger.

Once again, I hate windows and I hate these darn updates. So I'm gunna go turn them off again.

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath View Post
    Once again, I hate windows and I hate these darn updates. So I'm gunna go turn them off again.
    I set it so Windows downloads them, but I get to choose whether to install them or not. Mind you, it's not like the Installer system actually works... *muttermuttersomethingaboutkillingbillgatesonedaymutter*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

I once had to reformat because Windows Update had misinstalled a file. In fact this would have happened again last week had I not thought to go into repair mode by booting from disc.

Two weeks ago it had failed installing Service Pack 3 and it wouldn't work, so I had to go on google and look the file up, download it, and manually install. This actually worked.

This is why I used to have windows Update turned off, however I put new RAM in my computer and kept getting the Blue Screen of Death, I didn't realize it was the RAM and thought it was a virus (a few days before I came across a site trying to get me to download the newest version of Norten antivirus because I supposedly had a virus, it was a .exe and I just laughed about it and force shut down firefox), so I ran my scanners a few dozen times, no avail, and I kept getting BSoD'd so I turned Windows Update back on and didn't turn it off after identifying the actual problem.

Which is what leads me to the last couple irritations caused by Microsofts failure to successfully make OSs.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Yeah I hate when windows does that, it doesn't give you a choice to say now it gives you a countdown, or you can just hit the update now button.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of tweaking settings in windows just purchase the ultimate windows tool:
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    I set it so Windows downloads them, but I get to choose whether to install them or not. Mind you, it's not like the Installer system actually works... *muttermuttersomethingaboutkillingbillgatesonedaymutter*
    I go one step further, I choose whether or not I want to update such and such update. Why? Because they keep annoying me with their Malicious Software Removal Tool which... well, according to the description...

After the download, this tool runs one time to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps remove any infection that is found. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time that you start your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center, or you can run an online version from microsoft.com. This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product. To help protect your computer, you should use an antivirus product.

Yes! A status report! That's well worth picking away a few megabytes every month (I have a laptop, hard drive space matters).

+ Reply to Thread