Librarium Online Forums banner

An Agreement

2K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  Rengaw 
#1 ·
An Agreement
To End The Stupidity

This is stupid, why ruin this place with such utter nonsense. This site should be a mod and member friendly site. Basically your biting the hand that feeds you. I hope that most of you know that some of us did not want to become a moderator in the first place and MOST of us certainly do not want to be one now, but we are staying for the good of the site and for your own benefit. Us mods are only here for you the member! And some of you have shown us nothing but utter disgraceful disrespect and inconsideration. WE DON’T GET PAID FOR THIS YOU KNOW!!!! We are regular members just like you, who want to help out the boards a bit.

There is no great divide between the member and the mod. For christ sake we’r all the same people, its just the status that has changed!!!

When a spammers spams or someone flame’s you report them or pm a mod, you don’t make a public notice about it, why can’t us moderators have the same respect? Why don’t I just make up a poll of which member do you dislike/disagree with the most, and lets see how you all like it! Sure non of the comments were directed at me, but this is idiocy and the worst disregard I have ever seen!!!! This extent of inconsideration would never be tolerated against a member, so why us mods who are trying to do the best for you!

And okay yeah, so some of us Mods are complete arseholes. I come out as a whore on PMS and Phoboss a power hungry kid. I would mention BID here but you already drove him to quit (which some of us also feel we desire to do likewise but are too concerned with the state of LO if it were ever to happen). Yes we have come out unprofessional, or is this all just about a question of our age?

This site is about a hobby you are passionate about, what happened to being friends with like minded people? Don’t we all have anything better to do than bicker or are WE ALL that shallow?

Now the important bit:

I cannot speak for any of the other moderators but I have two things in mind, that I plan to perform and uphold. One of which benefits us the moderators and the other for you the members, and I hope it will finally end this pathetic squabble and turn this place back to the way it once was, damn it!

* Any comments directing insults, criticism or complaints openly on any of the boards directed to a specific moderator or admin shall be held with a warning level, and if such comments continue the member will be suspended. All complaints and criticism directed to a moderator MUST be sent to an admin or the mod themselves. THERE IS NO EXCUSE to publicly embarrasses anyone of the LO team!
* For members to make up their own rules concerning moderator behaviour. This concerns how a moderator should act and can include issues concerning on a apeel from suspension and so forth. This is up to you the members to make up by yourself. I will do my best to get other mods into this as well. This therefore will result in you reporting against moderator’s, and if this happens even the mod can get a warning level increased and if this carries on then perhaps the moderator status should be taken away from the person. This will be carried out by the admins…with whom I certainly hope you don’t have any problems with them too! You can start making up your own rules here in this thread, the rules will then be collected and finalised and hopefully agreed upon by me and the other mods. Now is that not fair?

And p.s.: Thanks for turning this place from somewhere I once enjoyed loggin in and speaking to friends, to a place where I feel I must only visit as a responsibility that I have to keep. Cheers for all the bullshit!

See less See more
#2 ·
why should the mod be punished? i think that not one mod has done anything to wrong the site its just cowardly members who cause the arguments. the problem is if you let members report mods any member with a vendetta will start to bug blacky.(without stop)

ps elgrun be quiet it was a manner of speech meening the mods keep the boards cleen so people can enjoy the site with out having to wade their way past loads of spam and usless *****.

a good plan would be to knock out the post count system it would cut down on people makeing pointless posts to up their post count

#3 ·
What the hell are you talking about! I said it in post’s we are just regular members! For christ sake stop this now, I’m no *****ing God, I’m a woman! I’m trying to end this moderator egotism and the member’s backlash and here again another member tries to increase the flame!!! Put aside your war, just as I am trying to do.

And no, I didn’t want to be a mod. In fact Belial had to convince me to become one. But like I said, I have to stay because I am needed to stay, otherwise this place will be swamped. I think its selfish of me to think this way as I have not been within the line of fire, I just hate being a mod in the first place. Perhaps after everything had quietened down and perhaps when new mods are placed both me and inkie can quit ranks.

SO QUIT IT! DON’T START BICKERING NOW!

#4 ·
I know it was a manner of speech but it was said like Mel was our God and we were her little slaves...anyways I'm with "knocking the post count system
thats just the way mel posts like arklite talks in the third person about himself :p

ps srry mel

#6 ·
I won't Sister, sorry got carried away a little. I understand now that it must not be the most fun job in the world to watch over morons, spammers and the rest...

But don't quit us, BiD quitted us and now if every mod start to go away we would really fall down into hell...

Up to you...I wish we could go back in time...

:(

EDIT: Deleted my posts like I said in the PM...sorry once again

#7 ·
So do I Elgrun...so do I.

Ok, I'm just making a supportive request with Mel's post.

Please, let's stop this foolishness.
What is the point, seriously?

Any personal problems should be kept, discussed and handled outside of LO. Unless they're problems like "How to keep paint from drying" or "I can't find this rule" etc.

Let me make you a deal. If you really, REALLY wan't to speak your mind. You want to share it with someone how a member or mod is so damn rude or powerhungry, then just PM me.

It's not like I get alot of them anyways...

#8 ·
Mel, im not exactly well known here, and most people would only think of me as the guy that replied to one of their threads once upon a time.

BUT, in my opinion the mods being as they are is fantastic...the way you each have your own individual personalities (and moreover the fact that you all show them), and react differently is great. The way you all join in conversations (as you are just helpful members when it boils down to it) wheras other mods might try to be aloof people above their community

no need for the mods to change in my opinion...its the members that should...as long as the mods stick by the same rules as the members and dont abuse power, then its perfect (just as things are now)

in all probability no one will really care what i've written...but its just the way i see things

#9 ·
Mod is short for MODERATOR. We keep the discussion Moderate. It seems everyone here has a persecution complex; new members (I refuse to even dignify the term "newbies" which has accumulated negative connotations like a Tuskgor has fleas) feel the old members persecute them, old members feel new members are encroaching, gamers feel there's too many spamlike comments, non-gamers feel this site is biased towards gamers. All of you. Seriously. Nobody is being persecuted, and the mods aren't responsible for everything that goes on. We try to keep things in line, but you can do five times as much as we can by simply keeping the discussion civil in the first place.

#10 ·
I would severly hope that my post didnt cause all this. Man i feel like crap man. For some reason I feel like the reason Bornin quit is because of myself. I look for no pitty or anything but a bit more understanding. Ive been back for like 3 days and already one of my good friends end up quiting being a mod (which I say he was the best - and a few times used his modhood against me back in the day)

maybe these new rules/regulations will improve LO.
I hope so, because Bornin is part of the reason I came back!

#11 ·
I apologise if my post came up has egotisitic and bigheaded that was not what I had in mind. Thank you for coming to an understanding Elgrun.

And to anoyone else: If anyone dose wish to ruin this then let it be known that LO is currently on its last threads, do you honestly want to destroy Librarium Online? Is there actually a reson to all this flaming and bickering, do you have demands or do you just have nothing better to do? If you do have demands then let them be known and lets be done with this, once and for all. Otherwise if I see people starting an uproar just for the fun of it, for the good of all the other members these people will be banned.

Let’s now come to a compromise, this is a site for YOU the member. So let’s get this place back up to shape.

Don’t forget you also have the option to make your own moderator rules, I cannot speak for the others (although I’m sure it will be agreed upon..err hopefully) but we can put these in place.

#12 ·
Sorry if it seems I'm talking for someone else here, but I'm not, here are just my view on things. People all the time, visit this Forum with the Intention of Learning, Teaching or Discussing something, although, with all the spam thats occuring, most of these Members have been detered.

Now, away from the Members, consider Blackhats position, he has made so many extra resources to Librarium Online. Now, using them is not a necesity, but, for the Members who do use them, bandwidth is required for them to be an option. Bandwidth costs alot of money. Now, on normal Forums, you don't need Bandwidth, its all provided by Innovision, but with the great features we get on LO, it costs money. To you Spammers out there, imagine, your just coming onto LO, and making it deteriorate (SP?). Eventually one day, you and your Brethren may make it so bad, that the LO project may have to be Abandoned, now think about it, you have made a 3 Three year Project, with alot of money, go down the drain, wasted, just because of your actions. Would you like all that guilt hanging over your head?

Now if that made sense to any of you, I hope it got through. . .

#13 ·
I wasn't here for the "golden age" of L-O, but I have read some of the old threads, and the site does seem to have deteriorated. I hope to distinguish myself from the new members filling the site with spam.

ps- I've been gone for a week, so I don't know what's going on, when did BiD quit moderating?

#14 ·
i was here for that "golden age" and i must say i long for those days.

now that all has been said on both sides, allt he anger and concerns are out in the opne, i say that we all think with cool, and calm heads. when mods start quitting and members take up wars against mods, thats wen things get worse. everyone needs to relax and just chill.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Salamander@Aug 11 2004, 22:03
i was here for that "golden age" and i must say i long for those days.

now that all has been said on both sides, allt he anger and concerns are out in the opne, i say that we all think with cool, and calm heads. when mods start quitting and members take up wars against mods, thats wen things get worse. everyone needs to relax and just chill.
[snapback]196276[/snapback]​
I fully agree Salamander, we all just need to chill out. things have been pretty high strung and we all need to loosen up before we destroy this place! This is our home away from home and I know I speak for alot of people when I say, Grow up people! myself included!

#16 ·
i was there near the beginging (had to make new acount, left for 6 months and forgot old one) and it was just a generaly nicer place to be.

mel you say that the mods hould have rules because you like everyone one else but its not the mods who need moderating you are all doing us a service, a favour and instead of thanking you, people give you trouble and disrespect, they are the ones who need to be punished with extream predjudice.

ive been in england for 5 weeks so ive been out of touch, when did bid leave?
is he still here as a member?

if anyone else does somthing that would make you wan to quit or make you ot like bein a part of l-o jus a themm, pemananty
im not much of a big personality round here but if the site closed id be *****ed, really *****ed, its a comunal asset so why do people have to damage it, honestly...*****s.

#17 ·
i arrived at the neer end of the golden age it was a good time when the L-O member thread was strong my crusade VS the space cows was about to begin and the squibies had just been beaten. i long for those times once more so i belive that the mods may take any action needed to quash this dark age and start the next age of gold.

#18 ·
And p.s.: Thanks for turning this place from somewhere I once enjoyed loggin in and speaking to friends, to a place where I feel I must only visit as a responsibility that I have to keep. Cheers for all the bullshit!
This is one of the most depressing and upsetting things I have ever read. Anything I can do to help LO i will.

#20 ·
Look Mel, you are an awesome person, perhaps the most interesting on L-O, and very smart.

I'd hate to see you go like Bornin (not that he left, but he's just such a good f**king mod).

So yeah, we still love you Mel.

At least I still do. . . . .uh. . . .kinda. . . . . yeah. . . . .right. . . .

Until Next Time

~ Infrazael ~

#24 ·
Did I miss something while I was away on a WAAAGH! ??? Mod wars?
What the heck is going on? Golden Age of LO? [Must have been before my time. :D ]

Man I have been out of the loop for to long. What gives Sis, I go on a waaagh for a few months and everyone is fighting. WOW.
Anyway, just so you know you have my support and my choppa should you need any heads krumped er I mean help with anything. ;)

WAAAGH!

#25 ·
Infrazael in no way would I desire to follow him. What I do is of my own concern and has no place to be spoken of here, but may I guarantee you that I will not follow the footsteps of another especially those of Bid, what I end up doing is of my own business and not because I want to play ‘follow the leader’. The fact he has gone is deterrence to leave. Obviously being a new global mod I have more of a duty to uphold and will probably be too stubborn to consider twicefold on leaving, as I do not ‘quit’ so easily.

So don’t bother to get all mushy on me!

Christ sake peeps, who gives a damn about that, I’m on about LO here! Still it looks like things have calmed down, which I’m very pleased about. Let’s hope we can keep it that way.

#26 ·
Ahhh. . . . . . very glad to see you back to, eh, semi-normal Mel.

Very happy. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.