Sleepless Nights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone suggest something to let me sleep? i've had a lot of trouble recently and its starting to effect my vision during the day so its now a real problem.

Any help would be most appreciated

Nightmare Creature great evil in female form who feeds upon... *screams* who's only weakness is *more screams*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

We had one'a these threads already I think..and I still think the very best sleep-aid on the planet is good old fashioned healthy sex before bed time..but if you're single then I'd say do something exhausting about an hour or 30 minutes before going to bed.Try running a few miles or doing a lot of push ups or something.After about an hour,once the adrenaline runs,out you'll be really tired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ambien.

Or get really wasted. Like 1 joint+2-3 shots of your favorite alcohol and a beer. That does it for me at least.
    For if one gave, he dared assert
    He knew that man was repentant
    For many a man is so hard of heart
    He cannot weep even though he suffers sorely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may seem rude or gross but edicius said it first sex may make you tired but if you do sex by yourself.... you know, self plessure (sorry if it offends anyone) for a long time and not letting it go for a while it can make you tired because your concintrating on 2 thing, working your hand and trying not to let it go. To much late night shows....

Again I'm sorry if I offend anyone!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Valhallan@Aug 24 2004, 20:57
    This may seem rude or gross but edicius said it first sex may make you tired but if you do sex by yourself.... you know, self plessure (sorry if it offends anyone) for a long time and not letting it go for a while it can make you tired because your concintrating on 2 thing, working your hand and trying not to let it go. To much late night shows....

[snapback]202736[/snapback]
    lmao :lol:
    For if one gave, he dared assert
    He knew that man was repentant
    For many a man is so hard of heart
    He cannot weep even though he suffers sorely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

during the day try to do as much exercise as you can then eat a big filling meal for dinner than about an hour or two before going to bed dont watch any tv or use the computer but read or do something else relaxing like meditation, try to block out all thoughts of the world around you because most often sleeplessness is caused by anxiety and worrying about things. having a warm glass of milk might help aswell.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

It's a tricky one, Nightie. Not knowing that much about your personal daily routine and home situation, I'll try to suggest some general advice, much as I did to our esteemed friend ShadowCat some months ago. Incidentally, think about corresponding with her as she may have found a solution.

I'd like to be able to find and repost my reply to her Insomnia thread, which like yours appeared in the middle of the night. There was some good stuff in it, and it would be a shame if it had been swallowed in the maw of the Trash Can.

Stress is the killer of sleep. I don't know what your financial / lodging / family circumstances are like, but try to come to terms with any nagging doubts or outstanding unresolved issues. Not easy, in the short term, but worth a try.

Getting some actual exercise is a good thing, if you can manage it. A brisk walk every day, for about 30 mins is fine for getting the circulation going, and has many other health benefits too. It basically informs your body that it is awake, and builds up a 'sleep deficit' that the body can later address, by going to sleep. Another option may be a Turkish bath, if you have one nearby.

Don't eat any spicy food, or watch exciting films or play exciting games for a couple of hours prior to bedtime. The point is, to try to lull your body and mind into a relaxed state.

A relaxed state of mild self hypnosis can be induced in a couple of ways. The first is the classic relaxation exercise, where you lie down on your bed and tell yourself 'I am now relaxing my feet, my feet are feeling very relaxed and calm and now they are so relaxed I can hardly feel them.' Repeat simple statements like this for a couple of minutes and then move up your body, and 'do' each section. Control your breathing at the same time and note that you relax more as you breathe out. Use this phenomenon in your inducement 'As I breathe out I relax still further. I can feel the stress and cares of the day flow out of me as I breathe out'.

Another way of reinforcement is to take a A4 lined pad, and write out 15 times a day : 'I, [your name], will enjoy a full unbroken nights sleep'. It doesn't matter when you do it, or even if you do it each day, but the evenings are probably best.

If you can, teach a close friend or lover to massage you. You may be able to find a massage course at a local college, or as an weekend course. It really is an excellent investment, dirt cheap if you do it to each other, and wonderful in so many ways. However, try to keep weekday bedtime massages non-sexual if you can... :rolleyes:

A warm milky drink, say Horlicks, with a slug of Tequila is a favourite Nightcap for yours truly. And of course, no coffee or tea for a couple of hours prior either. Heres a link to a web page that suggests foods that promote sleep:
    Foods Causing Depression and Sleeplessness

Obviously modesty prevents me commenting on using err...s*x as some kind of relaxation aid. That's a sacred and very private and personal matter of course and entirely between you and your spouse or partner...or hand.

The human 'sleep cycle' rises and falls every 90 minutes or so. So, basically, if you feel sleepy close to your bedtime, then Go Straight To Bed - don't prolong any conversations or keep watching to the end of a TV programme, as your body might start moving back out of its sleep dip and basically you will start waking up again.

Some mindless reading matter by the bed is good for me, just to bore your mind into shutting down for the night. For myself, I find old White Dwarfs are useful here. If I am not sleepy enough, I will read about one of their games that apparently involves pixies...

Incidentally, if its apparently affecting your vision, are you sure its that? Do you spend a lot of time looking at a screen every day? Just a thought.

If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to mention it.
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Valhallan@Aug 24 2004, 20:57

[snapback]202736[/snapback]

the funniest thing about this is i think nightmare creture is a women. LOL

and dood nobody will be offended. i think we have a current thread about wat ppl call a penis.

but yea sex/self-pleasuration puts me right to sleep. But not knowing you personally i wont take this furthur as it is a personal thing.

ever try soft, soothing music. it seems to work for some of my friends.

also i dont see why lack of sleep affects your eye sight. sleep is controlled by a hormone (called melatonin if your interested) which has nothing to do wiht your eyes. if your having vision problems id go for an eye test.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to fall asleep? Do what I do every night. Take two 3mg Melatonin pills. It&#39;s a natural OTC supplement, safe, effective, and doesn&#39;t require a perscription&#33; If the Army were to come a knockin&#39; and I had to get up (which won&#39;t happen at all, but for arguement&#39;s sake let&#39;s say it did), I&#39;d be very well rested. Melatonin&#39;s the best sleeping pill out there.
    You must never forget the essence of your spark
    All of that which defines you is the essence of your blood
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real&#33;
    What you wish to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Valhallan, that&#39;s what we tend to call masturbation .

Alas, back on topic, there&#39;s my obvious solutions. I think you can guess one of them , the others are simply reading or painting before you go to sleep, than helps sometimes.
    Alternatively you could try to get yourself slightly dozed with alcohol, I used to do that in the Great Before Time (ie, when I didn&#39;t shmoke). Effects vary on the amount of alcohol consumed, of course ^^.

Just had a memory flash... If I recall correctly (probably not), warm water plus sugar made me very sleepy when I was little. Then again, I&#39;m talking 12 or so years back, I&#39;m not supposed to remember things from that long ago in the first place.

Yez, more edits, more ideas: warm booze with sugar&#33; Okay that might be ridiculous, don&#39;t try that, I&#39;ll do it myself some time.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast