is it me? or does it happen to those who spend some time in this forum? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

is it me? or does it happen to those who spend some time in this forum?

is it me or does the forum seem quiter the more time you spend in the forum? lol, i browse about 50% of the 40k section and sometimes i find the place quite empty no matter how people are on, knowing that not everyone is he for 40k, but fantasy and so on.
    just a thought and what everyone else though of it. seems weird doesn't it?
    thanks
    antique_nova

Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

LO is not a forum with a 100 new updates every 15 minutes, it's more a quality over quantity thing i feel. But yeah, some sections are pretty dead, Witch hunters anyone?
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

It seems like a simple case of you keeping too close an eye on it. "A watched pot never boils" they say. We've got members scattered across each timezone, which further breaks up our posting habits. Some members are sleeping while you're at work, and some members are posting while you're eating breakfast.
    I have the forum set as my homepage, so I get excited to see the new posts, but even when I see them, I don't always comment. There are a lot of redundant posts, or posts that are quickly and effectively answered, as well as posts which I can't find an answer or comment for.

All in all, this is one of the more active forums that i've been involved with.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you really have to get used to not being replied to quickly. you might just think gee it has been hours when truthfully it has been about a few minutes. You just have to find a way to pass time E.g my favourites are

planning armies
    lists
    eating
    having a unecessary shower
    eating
    making up fluff
    eating
    watching youtube videos
    riding a bike of some kind
    did i mention eating?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

i know, am i am quite patient i believe, well not adult patient but near enough. and i understand that not everyone is one and i value quality over quantity alot of the time and see it alot of the time.
    thanks
    antique_nova

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    having a unecessary shower
    Are any showers unneccesary for us gamers? Not that we're stereotyped or anything :p

But as the other posters have said, there are a fair few people who spend most of the day lurking (me for example) and then only post once or twice a day. I'll probably not post more than 10 times even on a very active day. This is not by a long way the most inactive forum out there though, I've seen a newish forum being set up and read EVERY SINGLE POST written on there since it started.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Like others had said there are people posting on LO at all different times, due to time zones and such. After you've been on LO for a while it does seem like there are no new posts think about it this way.

When you've been off of LO for 10 hours sleeping then come back you see all of the posts that were made in those 10 hours, then if you look at them all and then start checking for new posts every 2 minutes it will seem that there are no new posts in the sections you're interested in.

Hell if you like a popular army then your forum might get one post every 15 minutes, but if you're checking every 2... Then come back and check 10 hours later and there will be a wealth of new posts.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

lol, the emperor doesn't waste my time... my impatence does ^^. lol

+ Reply to Thread