Librarium Online Forums banner

Germans

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  ArchonAstaroth 
#1 ·
I spent the last year in Germany, i was tryin to finish my ork army at the time and couldn't find one GW workshop or any shop that even sold anything to do with GW. So then i started to look for helpless victims and found a couple (wondered where they got their stuff??) so i played 'em , and as a beginner i really did kick ass down there. i know i dont know everything but the few i met knew less and had a bigger army. Any1 know any Germans that play well?? And if there are any Germans out there stand up for yereselves lads and tell me where the bloody shops are and if ye can play at all?? oR do germans just collect!!

#2 ·
There is something called being stereotypical, which I think you did quite a good job at.

#3 ·
They do have GT you know...and I'm pretty sure the winner of It could beat you. and as for stores...ever considering the white/yellow pages, as well as WD. In most countries they only have GW stores in the capital cities, germany Is one of them. Besides you CAN order stuff!

#4 ·
Originally posted by Zirellion@Sep 8 2004, 19:49
They do have GT you know...and I'm pretty sure the winner of It could beat you. and as for stores...ever considering the white/yellow pages, as well as WD. In most countries they only have GW stores in the capital cities, germany Is one of them. Besides you CAN order stuff!
[snapback]209856[/snapback]​
Ya im pretty sure the guy or girl!..could beat me no prob and yes i am kind of a stereotyp but dont get me wrong i love germany and the ppl in there but its just i couldnt find any1 that played or even collected and that just frustrated me coz i was there for a YEAR!! you're right actually..should have thought about ordering DOH.. :wacko: anyway where is that GT????? i certainly checked the net for almost any comp or tournament. and i didnt find anything in Germany.

#8 ·
It's a common belief that Germans are bad at gaming. I've learned that from Battle.net: games called "ger no n00bs" is a paradox. :lol:
Sorry, just some bad experiences from when i was younger, playing starcaft. I always winded up with germans that couldnt speak english in teamgames.

#10 ·
In Kaiserslautern you will find quite a few good German gamers, and one very good store. There is a tourney held in Hamberg every year that is very good. In general Germans have one flaw/advantage. They play by the book. They do this with about everything they do. The advantage is they know what they are doing and how they want to do it, the disadvantage is they are predictable.

#11 ·
I was near Reutlingen. In a town called Riedlingen.
it was really cool and i had a lot of time to spend painting and tryin conversions.

@ red talon: Thanks for the invite but i currently dont need any Whoop Ass medicine!! :D it was just i had a really borin time with no-one to challenge. Where are you based in Germany??

@ havelock: do u know when and where this tournament is on??

#12 ·
Originally posted by 'Uge Bomma@Sep 12 2004, 14:20
@ havelock: do u know when and where this tournament is on??
[snapback]211897[/snapback]​

It should be happening in November. I don't know how to tell you how to get there. I can get there but I can't describe the route. Not that it matters to me now as I am deployed and will be for some time.

If you can get ahold of a guy named Chad Lucy (I don't know his e-mail addy) in K-town he should be able to help you. I will contact a friend and find out if I can pass his e-mail to you. He may even have Chad's e-mail addy.

#13 ·
It seems that when people say 'Germans', People (Germanic people, mostly) find it offensive.
But We're just saying who you are, i mean, if we don't call you Germans, what should we call you?
Im Korean, And i don't find people saying to me 'korean' really offensive..
Anyway. I know a lot of people who are German and are really good at gaming, either on battle.net and on warhammer.

#14 ·
Originally posted by logan grimmnar@Sep 18 2004, 09:31
It seems that when people say 'Germans', People (Germanic people, mostly) find it offensive.
But We're just saying who you are, i mean, if we don't call you Germans, what should we call you?
Im Korean, And i don't find people saying to me 'korean' really offensive..
Anyway. I know a lot of people who are German and are really good at gaming, either on battle.net and on warhammer.
[snapback]214808[/snapback]​
There is nothing wrong with that term, i suppose most people just don't like generalizations.

jwu

#15 ·
I would say Germans can play just as well as anyone, but if you see an German with a complete moridian army painted black with red armbands, walk away!

#16 ·
w-t-f, ive been an online gamer for like, 6 years(battle.net, online first person shooters, RPGs), and been on forums(of all different types) for about half that, and ive never heard the stereotype that they suck at gaming!

Im familiar with the one that koreans/asians are good at starcraft and CS, but never anything about germans... kinda strange, i cant even recall every playing with one online lol(like a true, full blooded one- yah know?). Kinda funny for like half this thread i didnt know w-t-f people were getting so angry about until WickedRock cleared it up! :wacko:

Why wouldnt germans be just as good as the next guy, i mean RARELY can you say that one nationality is ''better'' than the other at anything, everybody starts the game with the same potential more or less, and if they dont, its because they have mental problems or soemthing, certainly not from nationality lol.

the only thing i could say a 'nationality' plays a role in, is chess, Russians for the most part are the best in the world at chess, but its just because checkers/chess are part of like the school learning curiculum. But thats not to say that an american or german or french-fry(although they would probably surrender :lol: ) could be the best in the world yah know? so this gaming-stereotype is rubbish lol

#17 ·
Heh, I'm German granted I'm German American but I lived in Germany for a while, and I'm a pretty good gamer, I guess not the exact answer you were looking for, but hey close enough for a hand grenade.

Guess that explains why I'm so messed up in the head.

#18 ·
Originally posted by Four-Fingered-Fury@Sep 23 2004, 03:49
i mean RARELY can you say that one nationality is ''better'' than the other at anything,
[snapback]217842[/snapback]​

Well..we all know that the Irish are best at drinking *ducks in anticipation of all the European members of the board throwing things at him*

Is ther any reason to keep this open now? I mean it was a pretty rediculous question to begin with...

#19 ·
Well..we all know that the Irish are best at drinking *ducks in anticipation of all the European members of the board throwing things at him*
Please, that's absurd, everyone knows us Germans hold that title. What do you think has stopped us from committing world conquest attempt #2.

#20 ·
Originally posted by Nostrafus@Sep 25 2004, 14:55
Please, that's absurd, everyone knows us Germans hold that title. What do you think has stopped us from committing world conquest attempt #2.
[snapback]218997[/snapback]​

:lol: History's best kept secret, the German advance in WWII was halted because the soldiers had marched too far from thier beer supply and could no longer function in the field.

#21 ·
Hell yeah, once we got too far from the beer trucks, we started to sober up and had a unanimous "Screw this, we're going back home, having a beer, and taking a nap"

Oh yeah, and also one of these "What, we're in Africa !?! what the hell did we do last nigt ?"

#22 ·

(Y) damn strait !!! our whole social culture is based around drinking , more of a drinking culture , we did invent one of the most known and famous alchoholic drinks around ( guinness ) although it tastes like old mary-jane rottencroche's undies :wacko: ! ive been in the brewery loads of times and it smells lovely i cant understand why it tastes so bad , anybody here like it ?
the nicest beers are made in germany though , they used to almost all tast the same to me ( because of the cheap ass nacker drinking , 1.40 EU's a can that underaged drinkers get the privalige of drinking around here ! ( dutch gold ) ) but recently i was in france ( LEGALY drinking ( woohoo :D ) ) and i got to taste nice beers like kronenberg or warsteiner both german . so basically germany is the king of making beer , dont know about drinking it though .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.