Candle Light Vigil - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got back from a candle light vigil remembering the 1000 American service men and woman killed in Iraq, and though what better idea then to post my thoughts on it here.

Seriously though has anyone ever thought about how many people 1000 is. That's like my entire high school dieing... twice. I truly support our troops over in Iraq, but not the President. Yes I am liberal and I am happy about it. Anyway after you read this you may want to take a moment of silence for all who have died in Iraq, and for that matter in every war going on right now.

War is a terrible thing and I salute all those who serve their country.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard
    repeatedly. </div>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I went to one once in Highschool,but it was for entirely unpure reasons (booty call) and I was only there long enough to pick her up and leave, but it&#39;s a nice sentiment.I always have been a bit selfish and don&#39;t think much about those lost in wars,I guess I&#39;ve just become to de-sencitised(sp?),but I suppose it&#39;s goo to show your appreciation somehow.I personaly wish I could do it by joining the army and going off to murder the ones what killed &#39;em..but they don&#39;t let people with rare blood disorders join the miltary >.<&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont go to vigils.
    I spent 20 years in the USAF, all of it in medical and 14 of those in ERs.
    Mine and my wifes first job in the AF was taking care of the Viet Nam wounded coming into Clark Field in 1971-72.
    There is now and always will be a place in our hearts for those that wear our countries uniform. Weither engaged in active combat or sitting a desk in the states, weither living or dead, married or single.
    We of the military, no matter retired or active duty are part of a family. A family that no one can understand the workings of unless they have been thru the military experience.
    I applaud those who go to vigils, and I thank you for those who are unable to but I remind you that there are those of us for whom everyday is a vigil and will be untill we too pass in parade before God.
    &quot;Every day above ground is a good day&quot;
    &quot;Sometimes I feel like the winner in the Aztec Lucky Virgin contest&quot;

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give my appreciation and salute to all those men and women who gave up their lives for this worthless cause our president has bestowed upon them.

May your souls be free, wherever they are.

Regards,

Infrazael Draennonssraav.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Originally posted by Underlies Posted Today@ 03:18
    I just got back from a candle light vigil remembering the 1000 American service men and woman killed in Iraq, and though what better idea then to post my thoughts on it here.
    Strange, bat the same day here(Greece) we have a small gathering to honour the 7800 kids that killed during the American invasion in Iraq.Good job President Bush.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nagato@Sep 10 2004, 037
    Strange, bat the same day here(Greece) we have a small gathering to honour the 7800 kids that killed during the American invasion in Iraq.God job President Bush.
    [snapback]210683[/snapback]
    Christ... That is a lot of kids. I guess there should also be a moment os silence for all those who are innocent and are caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. May you rest in peace.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard
    repeatedly. </div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nagato@Sep 10 2004, 047
    Strange, bat the same day here(Greece) we have a small gathering to honour the 7800 kids that killed during the American invasion in Iraq.God job President Bush.
    [snapback]210683[/snapback]
    Ah perhaps you also had a vigil for all those kids who died in Kuwait or starved to death as Saddam Hussein built opulent palaces. Those numbers to be sure, would be quite higher.
    I think what Orwell said in his Notes on Nationalism can be applied here.
    The majority of pacifists either belong to obscure religious sects or are simply humanitarians who object to taking life and prefer not to follow their thoughts beyond that point. But there is a minority of intellectual pacifists, whose real though unacknowledged motive appears to be hatred of western democracy and admiration for totalitarianism. Pacifist propaganda usually boils down to saying that one side is as bad as the other, but if one looks closely at the writing of the younger intellectual pacifists, one finds that they do not by any means express impartial disapproval but are directed almost entirely against Britain and the United States …
    Unfortunately Mr. Orwell, the intellectual Pacifists have grown beyond all bounds since 1945, and their cries of "injustice" are reaching a fever pitch.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bawdymonkey, I&#39;m sorry, but would you not disturb this thread with criticism???

We are trying to honor the dead and the innocent, if you can&#39;t respect that, don&#39;t post.

Even I can respect that, and you say you are Christian, well, I find it interesting.

It doesn&#39;t matter whether Bush or Saddam killed innocent children, they don&#39;t deserve to die so there.

This isn&#39;t a debate topic.

As to those dead kids, may peace and happiness follow them, wherever they may be.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I note hyprocrisy where I see it, Infrazael. You tell in an oh so superior tone (if text can actually convey tones that is) that you do not want me to disturb this thread with criticism yet I quote:
    Infrazael:"...up their lives for this worthless cause our president has bestowed upon them."
    Nagato: "God [sic] job President Bush."
    It would appear that this thread has already been disturbed by criticism.

I don&#39;t recall debating anything here. Do you see me refuting that 1000 American soldiers died or that 7800 kids died? So please, oh articulate one, point out where I said this. Maybe its invisible text somewhere, because I can&#39;t find it. Please point it out to me.

What does being christian have anything to do with it? What is the relevency of this statement? Did I say that I was glad they were dead? Did I do it myself? But you know what? I am not quite as thick as you might think. I know exactly what you meant. And if you stopped and actually thought about it and understood what Orwell said, you would realize my ideas are consistent.

My friends are over in Najaf right now and so is my cousin and I am worried sick everyday they are over there.
    You are the quintessential "intellectual" pacifist.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Originally posted by Bawdymonkey Posted Today@ 00:58
    My friends are over in Najaf right now and so is my cousin and I am worried sick everyday they are over there.
    You are the quintessential "intellectual" pacifist.
    Fighting for what?To free Iraq?That joke isn&#39;t funny anymore.Btw im not a pacifist and i&#39;m hoping for a quick and safe return of your friends.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast