FIFA World Cup 2010 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

FIFA World Cup 2010

Now I know as pallid wargamers we aren't supposed to like sports but I am also aware that LO has a healthy (no pun intended) group of sports loving members so i'm suprised there is no thread about this....

(...cue for someone to point out that actually there is and i'm being blind/stupid[delete as applicable])

I like a lot of sports but football (soccer for our colonial friends) is my main interest and boy howdy do i love a World Cup.

Anyway for those who aren't aware its being held in South Africa this year, Brazil and Spain are the favourites but anyone from England, Argentina, France, Holland, Germany or Italy could have a chance- also given the altitude and climate I wouldn't rule out an African team (Cameroon, ivory Coast or Nigeria especially) upsetting one of the main countries along the way.

USA are in Group B with England and these two countries play each other on Saturday. England are favourites to beat them but USA are capable of springing a suprise.

So, anyone else excited? who are you rooting for, and who do you think will win?

Personally I think Brazil will win it, against either Argentina or France in the final- England will go out in the QF but fingers crossed we can make it to the final!

PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I'm really hopeful about Team USA. I don't think we'd be able to win it, but I want to see us go further than we've been before! We're likely to get through the group, so we'll see what happens after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Not underestimating Slovakia and Algeria but Team USA should qualify, but that would mean Germany in the next round i think? possible but a tough match!

Oh and England/USa are in Group C not B, my bad!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Theobold the Lame View Post
    Not underestimating Slovakia and Algeria but Team USA should qualify, but that would mean Germany in the next round i think? possible but a tough match!

Oh and England/USa are in Group C not B, my bad!
    It's going to be tough any which way we look at it; I can only hope the team is up for the challenge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x8)

i thought it was interesting that USA decided not to acclimatise, but to do full on training instead- so they should be one of the fittest teams there, but altitude may be a problem for them.
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

South Africa 1 - 1 Mexico

Great game, even with the possibly poorly called Mexico goal; I trust the refs though. Was rooting for South Africa, not a bad finish!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

I reckon Italy or Argentina will win, but id love it if was England

Who votes South Korea VS north Korea? That would be awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by sonoftheemperor View Post
    Who votes South Korea VS north Korea? That would be awesome
    there would be fireworks!

If North Korea get out of that group though they deserve to win the whole thing!

Good start for RSA, Mexico are a good team- and on that showing both teams are capable of taking points off France.
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I'm rooting for Slovenia, you know, cause someone has to.
    Green iz da' BEST!
    Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

Some fun facts from Down Under regarding how us Aussies actually do love soccer that much:

A man in Melbourne, Victoria is locking himself inside of a room, designed as a huge soccer ball, for 31 days, the length of the WC, and will not be coming out until he has watched every single game of the season. He won a competition to see who s the most die-hard fan of the World Cup, and his reward is to spend the 31 days inside a giant replica of the ball being used in the WC. Plus, he gets $3000 AU for his trouble...

Even though Australia is not not tipped to win (far from it), and the odds are against us to beat Germany, they still have the balls to say that they know every move that we are going to make, and every tactic that we are going to employ in our match against them. Talk about putting you balls where your mouth is... Ooops, I've gone too far.

We have beaten Denmark and Japan in our pre-game matches, so maybe the world is yet to see our full potential.

I'm not one much for soccer, but I will be following certain games closely. Particularly the one between England and the US. Should be very interesting...

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast