Librarium Online Forums banner

Punching Bag

759 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Nostrafus 
#1 ·
Ok, so I bought a punching bag, but I need something to fill it with other than people that haven't paid me my loans back or dead babies.

Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Your bag did not come already filled? Thats weird because mine did, but i'm pretty sure you fill them with sand.
Also i will not rip apart my bag to tell you what is inside of it. :D

#8 ·
well that really depends what type of bag you have if you have a heavy bag which i think is the name of those man sized guys you hand off the ceiling then sand is good

however if it is a roller bag (round base does not hand off ceiling) then i think you are looking at some water

#9 ·
Can't decide whats funnier, dead babies as filling for a punching bag or a dirt farm.

I know that in some of the newer ones they use these really small foam balls. Go to a sporting place and they should be able to hook ya up.

#10 ·
Thanks Goose, I was looking for an alternative to sand when I learned that the supporting beams in my basement wouldn't hold under the weight of the punching bag. D;

#11 ·
Don't you have an I-beam you could attatch it to?

Ahem, EDIT okay so you apparently no longer need to drill the I-beam as Everlast has decided to come out with an I-beam Hanger

I'd suggest this method and filling you're bag with sand simply because if your punching bag is less than 100lbs. A) You're not going to get a good work out B) You're going to spend more time stabalizing the bag than actually hitting it C) Finally, you're going to break the O-Ring!

I did this on my uncles punching bag, it was filled with the little foam balls, and weighed only about 30lbs, well I went out to my grandparents old barn, hit the thing once, it flies up in the air as expected being only 30lbs, but on it's way down the O-Ring sheers in half, and it goes flying across the room, it had only been up for about a week. It wasn't a crappy bag either, I believe it was one of the top 3 bags in the US, I myself won't hit a bag less than 100lbs now, I'd put a 150 pounder up, but I don't have the room in my basement.

#12 ·
Also you may consider getting a stand if you live on the bottom floor, and you don't have a power drill.

http://shop.everlastboxing.com/everlast-he...dbag-stand.html

There's one from Everlast which can support UP TO 100lb bags, of course you'd probably want to go with their 70lb bags or the 60lb'er you can order with it since Up to means it'll support it but in less then a year you'll have to replace it. Also if you have money, and a lot of it to waste on frivilous things, you could check out some of their other professional stands... but they're about a grand a piece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.