The Most Powerfull Nation In The World - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I talk to my parents in Ohio. Turns out that people in Ohio are being sent letters by the Brittish, asking them to vote for Kerry. This is because Ohio is a swing state (A state that does not tend to favor one party ofer the other and will be just as likely to vote for Kerry as they are to vote for Bush). Its one thing when the dems send you some junkmale asking you to vote for Kerry, but when other nations do it? After talking to a bunch of other people I even heard that the U.N. was considering running the U.S.A. presidential elections!!!!

As an American the only possible reaction I can have to that is, and im sorry I have to phrase it so rudely but, GO ***** YOURSELVES!

Now I don't like to be rude like that. It reduces my credibility. However, suggesting that the U.S. puts its soveregnty at the mercy of other nations will get that kind of reaction out of almost any American who values their indipendants. Its not like Americans haven't already fought two wars (American Revolution, War of 1812) over this.

Now that thats out of the way, I guess I can present what this thread is really about. After some thought, I realized the some people think that the United States should be under U.N. controll so that its resources can be used for global improvement, or atleast to keap said nation from bullying others.

It boils down to this: Should the most powerfull nation in the world be controlled by the international community even if it might take away that nations soveragnty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

So I talk to my parents in Ohio. Turns out that people in Ohio are being sent letters by the Brittish, asking them to vote for Kerry. This is because Ohio is a swing state (A state that does not tend to favor one party ofer the other and will be just as likely to vote for Kerry as they are to vote for Bush). Its one thing when the dems send you some junkmale asking you to vote for Kerry, but when other nations do it? After talking to a bunch of other people I even heard that the U.N. was considering running the U.S.A. presidential elections!!!!

As an American the only possible reaction I can have to that is, and im sorry I have to phrase it so rudely but, GO ***** YOURSELVES!
    Edit: Must....restrain myself from...commenting on that...argh

This, as a political topic, is going to get locked soon anyway though. *shrugs*

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that as a single country, that America has right to its own...privacy.

However, being the most powerful country in the world (in terms of economy and millitary i guess) whatever leader they have WILL affect other countries as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Yes, I am watching this, but as it addresses international concerns and is not merely flaming, I am inclined not to chop it.
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically, there is no such thing as international law. And you cannot accuse the world of trying to control the US because two crazy brits send letters to the states. See, that's the problem, you CAN'T control a superpower, so stop worrying, you'll get your world domination in a while.
    (before anyone responds, THAT WAS A JOKE! signed: me. There, now please no flame about it.)
    I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Originally posted by Hard Aun@Oct 29 2004, 12:56
    Yes, I am watching this, but as it addresses international concerns and is not merely flaming, I am inclined not to chop it.
    [snapback]240437[/snapback]
    Okay

Regarding what i quoted in my last post...as long as the USA mess with the internal affairs of other countries (certain states in central america are an excellent example), i don't quite think they should complain when others do the same. It may not be a nice thing to do - but both sides do it.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

I love political topics! As far as any other citizens in the world other than U.S. citizens getting a say in our politics or the distribution of our wealth and resources I can only say..."Sure, they get a say. Right after they declare themselves to be one of our newest States, and pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America! Instantly turning over all their soveriegnity and rights and resources to our government and start paying taxes like most of the rest of us!"

It comes down to the same thing. We in the U.S. are not going to mind our own business on the world stage. Bad things happen overseas whether we ignore them or not. Which European country is going stop what's happening in Sudan? Come on! Speak up! I had an argument with a guy in Norway over an Anti-American joke he posted so let's use them as an example (but still no offense to Norwegians as I still think most of you are really pretty groovy! ). Is Norway with it's mighty army and vast resources going to put down the the uprisings and outright slaughter going on there? I doubt it. What about the U.N.? What are they doing about it? You see, the U.S.A. kinda has it's hands full right now. So how about the rest of you N.A.T.O. members shouldering some responsabilities for the safety of the rest of the innocent people in this world? What's that? Did you say no? To heck with the Sudanese!? I think by your nation's inaction you have, don't you? :blush: If you feel strongly about this statement please contact your government and tell them to get down there with aid for those people! Because it's situations like that, that the world generally pins on America to handle, right? The sound you hear from the U.S. is a busy signal that goes something like this...'dee, dee, dee.. We're sorry, the Superpower you have reached is currently busy right now tending to our own problems. If you think you have reached this message in error please check your governments actions on this situation or try your call again later. Thank you, goodbye.' Reread the busy signal again whenever you want to lecture the U.S. about China, or N. Korea, or any other hotspot in the world!

If your country can't be bothered to respond to these threats with your own resources what makes you think you should get to use ours??

So, like the U.S.'s politics or not, we at least try to shoulder a big burden in the world, and if the rest of the world (read our supposed allies here that have been genuinely silent throughout massacre after massacre in the world) won't step up to the plate then at least give us some slack. We will spend our resources as we please thank you very much! We are doing alot right now but we can't be everwhere and we certainly can't be everything to everybody!

Since I have always been wrongfully equated with angry, righteous posts; let me qualify the temperment here so as not to cause civil unrest in the world: This is intended as a normal American's light hearted response, not flame. Sorry if I confused you. Have a great day! :rofl:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree that america should be allowed to rule itself, however whilst our P.M mr tony blair continues to play monkey see moneky do where george bush is concerned then the UK will take some interest in what America does. The problem is that America ever now and then feels the need to let the worlds that its a big sleeping giant, however it is at at times a bully, i admire the american people for like my people (irish) you have a strong sense of nationality however i hope mr bush does lose this election maybe then the mess in the east can be sorted out, bush reasons for war were as ludicrous as blairs, with false reports and half truths which was to trick the public into thinkingt he reasons for war were just and i feel it cheapens and insults the memory of those who died in 9/11 of which i ahd a family member in who died there (assuming the people that did it were a queda and not the american cia as in the conspiricy theries) Bush went to war in my opinion so he could turn round to daddy and say i did what you could not and blair follwed him cos he has his nose in bushs backside and wont get it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Originally posted by cadre_of_storms@Oct 29 2004, 07:32
    i hope mr bush does lose this election maybe then the mess in the east can be sorted out, bush reasons for war were as ludicrous as blairs, with false reports and half truths which was to trick the public into thinkingt he reasons for war were just and i feel it cheapens and insults the memory of those who died in 9/11 of which i ahd a family member in who died there (assuming the people that did it were a queda and not the american cia as in the conspiricy theries) Bush went to war in my opinion so he could turn round to daddy and say i did what you could not and blair follwed him cos he has his nose in bushs backside and wont get it out.
    [snapback]240480[/snapback]
    I am sorry for your loss.

However, your post other than that is just a model for what's so mistaken about these conspiracy theories. Your theory suggests that somehow Bush and Blair surreptitiously seized control of all the world's intelligence agencies and their members and they all went along with those 2 leaders to say Saddam had weapons of mass destruction! :blink: Because Every country with an intelligence agency said the same thing..the weapons were there. Or, is it more likely that Saddam just lied or moved them to Sudan? Hmmm, given the nature of the beast lets blame Saddam don't you think?
    Don't be so ready to jump into bed with that madman, the U.S. already tried that under a different administration and we have egg on our face now because of it.

As for the CIA conspiracy :blink: : Wow, people that believe that really need therapy!

Sorry for going off topic, but I thought that deserved some response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to keep this topic orderly (even if being locked is inevitable), lets just try to stick with the main Idea of Indipendants vs Power Sharing.

I have already read a lot of talk similar to: the U.S. should be regulated by the U.N. but the U.S.A.s soveraignty shouldn't be taken away.

Reallistically you can't do one without doing the other too. In order to regulate, or excert any kind of controll over a nation, that meens you first have to take away that nations ability say otherwise.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast